The Anti-Umbridge Command

• Serena Black •

• Serena Black •

"The greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic
will never find it."

The Three Broomsticks was packed and it was hard to find one, let alone two, free seats. It seemed that almost the entire school had decided to escape the chilly autumn wind outside in the cosy inn and warm up with a hot drink instead.

Just when Serena thought there was no point to the whole thing anyway, two Hufflepuffs rose from one of the tables right by the window. Maxon seemed to have noticed this chance too and pulled her to the vacated seats.

The fact that they were sitting directly by the window and far away from the cosy crackling fire still made it rather chilly. But Serena was sure that it could be endured with the right drink - and her company. Maxon, however, looked doubtfully at the long queue that had formed in front of the bar. "I'll get in line, you sit tight."

Serena looked after him with a grateful smile and then let her gaze wander around the room to see if any of her friends had also strayed into the tavern. In the corner by the fire, a few teachers had gathered, a few tables away Neville, Luna and Ginny were sipping cocoa and Ernie was sitting with Hannah next to the door that had just been opened from the outside, letting a cool breeze pass through the room.

Immediately Serena recognised the unmistakable redhead of Ron entering the Three Broomsticks with Hailey. Hailey had spotted her immediately too and promptly pulled her companion over to her roughly by the sleeve. "Hey Serena!"

"Where's Harry?" asked Ron promptly, looking around the crowded room in wonder.

"He's with Cho," she replied, noticing the two of them cast a confused glance at the dark blue cloak hanging over the back of the chair opposite her. "Are you here with Ha..."

"No, I'm not here with Hall," Serena interrupted her best friend. "You really think I'm going to have another drink with him in my entire life?"

"Good attitude," Ron muttered, grinning. "But then who are you here with?"

"Wait wait!" exclaimed Hailey, jiggling excitedly from one foot to the other. "Let me guess!"

Serena rolled her eyes with a grin and shook her head silently at each name mentioned. "Fred?... George?... Seamus?... Dean?... Nate?"

"He's out with Hermione, isn't he?" mumbled Ron sheepishly, averting his eyes.

"Oh yeah right..." replied Hailey, sighing thoughtfully. "Neville?"