Housework

• Serena Black •

• Serena Black •

"Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting."

Despite the turbulent events of the previous evening, Serena had fallen asleep very quickly and even before Tonks had gone to bed. If her cousin had gone to bed at all, because there was no trace of her in the morning either, when Serena was woken by her grandmother's loud screaming.

Mere seconds later, after someone had presumably silenced the painting again, Serena's bedroom door opened with a creaking sound and a shock of pink hair, followed by the rest of Tonks' head slipped through the crack in the door. "Good morning! I should wake you all, though I wanted to do it myself and not through Walburga Black but the result is the same after all..." She winked and continued sheepishly, "Breakfast is coming up, it would be great if you could come right down."

"Yeah sure, I'll be right down," Serena replied in a sleepy voice, trying on a tired smile as Tonks closed the door again behind her and knocked on the next one.

Stretching under her warm duvet one last time, the Gryffindor pushed it aside to get ready for breakfast and the day. As she descended the numerous stairs, about every second step creaked and the paranoid thought of breaking into one of the rotten steps at any moment overcame her. Cautiously, she felt her way down to the ground floor. Fortunately without her foot getting stuck anywhere.

As Serena entered the sumptuously furnished but somewhat filthy dining room, she noticed that almost everyone was already seated at the table, apparently just waiting for her and Ron, who also arrived a few minutes later.

During breakfast, the usual commotion broke out and the only topic that was not brought up was Percy. Everyone present seemed to have classified this as a taboo subject. Especially as it was obvious on Mrs. Weasley's and Ginny's faces how much they were affected by their family member's behaviour. Even though they tried not to let it show.

"You'll have to check out our products later," Serena heard George whisper to her father. "Just don't tell our mother."

"What don't you want him to tell me?" asked Mrs Weasley in a threatening tone, causing the twins to wince. "Nothing Mum, nothing."

Molly gave her two sons a sceptical look but let it go for now. "Fred, George, Ginny, Serena, could you please see to the curtains after dinner? Apparently they're all full of doxies."

The four addressed nodded and Fred jumped up from his seat in a played theatrical manner, tipping his non-existent hat to the others. "Work calls."

His mother merely sighed and proceeded to hand out more chores. "Hermione and Ron, you will help me with the washing up, please. Tonks you go dust and the rest of the adults know what to do, don't they?"