Belligerent Bludgers

• Serena Black •

• Serena Black •

"A breeze, a forgotten summer, a smile,
all can fit into a storefront window."

At the end of October it became icy cold. The mountains around the castle became icy grey and the lake cold as steel. Every morning the ground was covered with frost and from the Gryffindor tower Madam Hooch could be seen, warmly dressed, defrosting the brooms on the Qudditch field.

The Gryffindor team had been training long and hard over the last few weeks for the upcoming match against Slytherin, which was due to kick off in a few hours.

The sun was just beginning to rise when Serena entered the Great Hall and sat down at the table with the rest of the team. She gave Ron a worried look who looked like he was about to drown himself in the puddle of milk in his breakfast bowl at any moment. "I must have been insane," he whispered croakily with a crazed look in his brown eyes, "I can't even play when it comes to my life. What was I thinking?"

In vain, the rest of the team members tried to encourage Ron that at least he had made the team for a reason, but not even Hailey seemed to be able to really cheer him up. However, things were about to get even worse, which Serena had to realise at the latest on her way through the icy air towards the pitch.

The frost-covered grass crunched under the feet of the Slytherin team trotting towards them. Serena quickly noticed that instead of the usual two badges, there were three on Hall's chest.

Weasley is our King

She was sane enough to know that definitely didn't mean anything good. Their eyes met briefly before the Slytherin turned away and began giving instructions to his team. Although Serena was happy to have saved her project grade and was really satisfied with exceeding expectations, she was even happier now that the project was finally over and she could put some distance between herself and Hall.

The group of Ravenclaws that was struggling down the grassy slope to the stadium was hard to miss. Especially not because of Luna Lovegood, who seemed to want to make a statement with her huge lion hat and not leave anyone guessing which team she would be cheering for.

When Maxon saw them, he ran ahead with big strides and pulled Serena into a tight hug. "Fly carefully," mumbled into her Gryffindor scarf. Over the past few weeks the two of them had spent a lot of time together and Serena had been amazed at how quickly someone had captured her heart. Of course, she hadn't said no when he had asked her to be his girlfriend a fortnight ago.

"I always do," she grinned as she broke away from him again and then pressed a kiss to his mouth.

"Good luck," wished Maxon quickly before Serena marched past the Slytherins with the others. As she did so, she was grabbed rudely by the arm and looked directly into two turquoise eyes. "What is it?" she hissed at Hall, releasing her cloak from his grasp and walking on without waiting for a reply, shaking her head. Probably just a tactic to unsettle or even sabotage her before the game.