A sensitive Topic

• Serena Black •

• Serena Black •

"They're called Thestrals,
but people avoid them
because they're a bit different."

The snowfall over Hogwarts had only increased during the night, much to the delight of the students and much to the displeasure of Filch, who had spent the whole time trying to keep the Entrance Hall dry and grumbling at anyone who had brought a load of snow with them.

While most of her classmates were already enjoying breakfast and mentally preparing themselves for the lessons ahead, Serena waited impatiently for her friends at the Gryffindor table. She still had no idea what had happened to Harry the previous night. Neither Ron nor he had turned up that morning and Serena couldn't see any of the other Weasleys either. She was beginning to worry a little that something bad might have happened

Hermione's first question was also about the whereabouts of her two best friends as she sat down opposite Serena, who could only shrug her shoulders. "I wonder that too... But last night I saw Harry with McGonagall, they were on their way to Dumbledore's."

"What do you think happened?" Hermione asked worriedly, poking at her cereal without taking a bite.

Serena nibbled on her roll just as listlessly, not taking her eyes off the door. "I hope nothing's wrong," she mumbled.

"Hey, have you seen Ginny?" Neville yawned and sat down next to Serena, apparently still half in the realm of dreams. "No, but Fred, George, Ron and Harry are kind of gone too," she replied.

"Harry and Ron both went out yesterday, at least, after Harry had a nightmare or something. They didn't come back after that," Neville reported, whereupon Serena and Hermione exchanged worried glances.

The students came and went, but there was never one of the redheads or Harry among them. With each new wave of students, the tension in the two girls grew.

Before they could concoct any more conspiracy theories, Professor McGonagall had stepped up behind Hermione and asked the two girls to stand aside for a moment. "Follow me, please."

Hermione and Serena didn't hesitate and followed their teacher out of the hall and into an empty corridor. McGonagall looked at them with her usual stern gaze. "As you may have noticed, there was a little incident tonight."

"What happened?" Hermione whispered worriedly.

"Your friends are fine," McGonagall assured them and the two of them breathed a sigh of relief, as if a weight weighing a tonne had been lifted from their shoulders. "It's more about Arthur Weasley..." she continued.