The plot thickens

• Serena Black •

• Serena Black •

"No matter how fast light travels,
it finds the darkness
has always got there first,
and is waiting for it."

The following week was slow, because nothing interesting seemed to happen. Serena didn't quite know whether she should find this reassuring or rather deadly boring. The only distraction she got was several rounds of exploding snap, tidying, cleaning and trying to bribe her father to join the Order. But he, like the other adults, remained stubborn.

Bill Weasley had now also arrived at the run-down house and turned his back on the big wide world for the time being. From conversations, the Gryffindor had heard that he was probably trying to get a desk job in the Ministry so that he could also be of use to the Order locally. But the Weasley was not the only member of the Order of the Phoenix who came and went.

"What are you doing here?", Fred and George had cried out loudly when Snape had suddenly pushed his way past them. Serena couldn't believe her eyes either and at first had thought Tonks was playing a bad joke with her abilities.

"Believe me, I find it just as unfortunate to be here as you do," the Potions teacher had replied in his lazy voice, and had then disappeared straight into the dining room to one of the many secret meetings, his cloak billowing.

She had scowled after him and Hermione could try to convince her that he was on her side no matter how many times. In Serena's eyes, he remained a spineless bastard.

"I never liked him either," Bill announced one morning during breakfast, after the twins had had another discussion about why Snape was allowed to be in the Order and not them.

"How are things going with your job?", Mrs. Weasley finally changed the subject and placed another plate of pancakes on the table. Her round face was still adorned with a few red marks from the previous conversation with Fred and George, but her loud thunder seemed to have subsided now.

"I'm currently helping Fleur improve her English, she has a job at Gringotts now," the eldest Weasley reported, casually tapping his breakfast egg. George, on the other hand, looked up with a raised eyebrow and hitched with a meaningful grin, "Fleur? You mean..."

"Yes, Fleur Delacour," Bill confirmed without looking up, but if Serena wasn't mistaken, his cheeks were also turning a little pink, like his mother's had earlier. The twins exchanged knowing glances with each other before Mrs. Weasley interrupted their silent conversation, "Fred, George can you please help me clear the table? The Order is about to have a meeting."

Serena, who had already finished eating, stealthily stole out of the room. In her opinion, she had worked hard enough in the last few days, so the two redheads, who looked alike, could do a job on their own. Because before, they had mostly delayed it with some kind of joke rather than actually helping. She was hardly out of the door when she heard Mrs. Weasley scream: "NO, YOU SHOULD CARRY THIS!