Don't kiss idiots

• Serena Black •

• Serena Black •

„Sometimes you have to lose the battle
to win the war."

"YOU KISSED HIM?!"

"Stop Stop! No, he kissed me," Serena tried in vain to explain to her best friend the next morning after telling her about the unfortunate incidents of the previous night.

"Twice?", Hailey huffed sceptically and started grinning stupidly at her.

"Once!", Serena corrected her grumbling. "I didn't completely fall on my head, after all, which is why I prevented the latter."

She gave a "Pity!" which Serena commented with a scowl. "I thought you'd think Maxon was so great."

"Well... I do... Um," Hailey fussed, looking around the Great Hall for a moment, scrutinising. "You know... so Nate and I were talking about this some more yesterday, and he said there was some kind of rumour about his family."

Serena rolled her eyes, by now she was well and truly fed up with strange families. She raised an eyebrow in anticipation. What could be so terrible that Hailey was more on fire for Edmund Hall than Maxon Devillier. "And what kind?"

"Nate said a lot of wizards think the Devilliers are vampires," she said in a low voice.

Serena raised an eyebrow and looked sceptically at her best friend, who seemed to have completely lost her mind. At that, she wasn't sure whether to laugh it off or send Hailey - and preferably Nate as well - straight to Madam Pomfrey. "And you believe that crap?" she asked, amused. Serena could hardly believe that Nate had actually said that. She wondered if he was just playing an evil joke on the Hufflepuff and her "naivety"?

"I'm afraid I have to agree with Serena on that one." The know-it-all in question had appeared beside them, grinning. "That's really quite a load of crap."

Hailey stared at him, perplexed. "B-but you told me that!" Instantly, her expression changed and she now looked quite angry. Her wide snub nose wrinkled and her light brown eyes had narrowed to slits.

"That doesn't mean I believe it," the Ravenclaw returned lecturingly.

"Hailey, you know the stories that are always published in the Daily Prophet," Serena tried to explain to her. "You really can't believe something like that."

"Probably true," she muttered, half-heartedly admitting defeat, and followed Nate and Serena into the entrance hall. As usual after breakfast, it was filled with loudly chattering students who were either talking to their friends, having breakfast or heading to their common room just before class.