Opposites undress

"Oh darling, everybody seeshow you look at him

"Oh darling,
everybody sees
how you look at him."

Serena's eyelids felt as if someone had hung a fifty-pound weight on them, and it was only with difficulty that she managed to blink in the bright light. She actually wanted to go back to sleep because her bed seemed softer and cosier than ever and the fabric of the cosy blanket enveloped her body. Satisfied, she pulled it closer to her and could feel the soft material against her bare skin.

It took a moment before she abruptly opened her eyes, only to scrunch them shut a few seconds later and then snap them open again in horror. Said blanket was green, almost like the colour of the eyes staring at her. "Morning."

Unconsciously, Serena held her breath and stared back with widened eyes. She carefully took a look under the duvet and was horrified to realise that she was actually only wearing her underwear. Or again. She wanted to sink into the ground right then and there, she had no idea what had happened last night and she couldn't help but hope it wasn't what it looked like.

In the meantime, a sly half-grin had crept onto Edmund's face, while Serena straightened up so quickly that her head began to spin menacingly "No, no, no, no, no, no, no..." she kept muttering to herself, trying to cover her upper body with the blanket.

"Don't be like that, I've seen it all before anyway," he said in a hoarse voice, making her pulse race. She was still staring at him as if she had been kicked by a hippogriff and prayed that this was a bad joke, "Shall I tell you your favourite position?"

"Don't talk nonsense like that!" gasped Serena, frantically trying to recall the previous night, but her memory ended there when she had decided to bury the hatchet for good and had reached for the bottle again.

By now, the Slytherin had also sat up and was rummaging around in his bedside cabinet, from which he pulled a small vial and held it out to her. "Here, drink this."

"What's that?" she asked, looking at the blue liquid in it with scepticism. It didn't look like something you'd find at breakfast at Hogwarts and certainly not something you'd blithely hand out to your friends.

He grinned, "Contraceptive potion."

Her heart sank instantly and she felt like throwing herself out of the window. This couldn't be true. Her throat felt parched and her head rumbled. In fact, the worst part was that she couldn't remember it. But actually, it would be even worse if there were Slytherin babies, as Hailey had called them, running around in a few months. Just for the fact that this was now within the realms of possibility, she would gladly drown herself in the lake. Serena felt her lower lip begin to tremble as she brought the jar to her mouth.