The knight in green armor

• Edmund Hall •

• Edmund Hall •

"We are all bad in someone's story."

Adjusting his uniform and tying his green tie at the same time, Edmund walked down one of the staircases, of which there were plenty at Hogwarts. He didn't even know what exactly had brought him back to the Ravenclaw tower, where he had been hanging around quite often lately. Maybe it was the vaulted starry ceiling or the incredible hospitality of some of the girls, maybe both, but maybe he had just been curious and wanted to meet Black there.

The thought of her made his hand tighten into a fist. He really had used every strategy to dissuade her, but her stubbornness would be his undoing. He had failed at one of his already few tasks, and it was a damn easy one at that. In fact, he had thought that she would have written this Frenchman off much earlier if he had convinced her, but she had actually preferred him.

Of course, his father hadn't liked this failure at all, as he had made abundantly clear to him over the holidays. And now he was in trouble again. This time he wouldn't be able to talk his way out of it so easily. But his fate was now in Black's hands and her stubbornness - which was not a rosy outlook at all.

After last night, she had to think he was a hopelessly jealous love-struck imp, but that was better than being a walking disappointment and he hoped that his actions might have made a difference after all. Because in that case, she would definitely not want to be with the Frenchman again. The fact that he hadn't found her in the tower could mean either way.

A flight of stairs further on, he heard voices that sounded familiar, but in a rather unpleasant way for him. Edmund slowed his steps and tried to interpret something from the spoken spells.

"Aperire!"

"Alohomora!"

"We've already tried that," complained a female voice, the sound of which echoed through the corridors, tearful and panicked.

"Alohomora maxima?"

"Ron!"

Perhaps, if he was very quiet, they wouldn't even notice him and he could continue on his way unperturbed, Edmund thought. But he had barely stepped onto the last step when Price turned round. Her face suddenly lit up and he didn't want to know why.

"You have to help us!" she shouted, running towards him and dragging him by his right arm over to the door they were trying to open. If he wasn't mistaken, it was the astronomy tower, so he was all the more surprised that it was locked.

"Stop tugging at me, Price," Edmund growled and tried to snatch his arm from her, but the Hufflepuff showed amazing strength. Normally, he didn't have anything against the use of a woman's body, but he hadn't yet condescended to muggle-borns.

Weasley, like himself, looked rather unenthusiastic about Price dragging him here and crossed both arms in front of his chest. "Can you get the door open somehow?"