When I told you to run

• Serena Black •

• Serena Black •

"Unsaid things are often lost in the heart.
Lost and forgotten."

"He took the book?" Nate asked, completely dumbfounded. It had taken a few days before Serena had caught the Ravenclaw alone, because it seemed as if he had deliberately set out to avoid her. "Are you sure?"

"Dead certain," she assured him with an affirmative nod and let her gaze wander over the lands they were crossing at that moment. Although it was cloudy, it was still quite warm for March and so some of the students had decided to leave their jackets hanging in the cupboard. The wind was cool, but not so strong that it could have interfered with the upcoming Ravenclaw and Slytherin Quidditch match. "What was the book about anyway?"

But instead of giving her an answer, Nate stopped and looked at her thoughtfully for a long time. "I think I have the answer to this supposed secret!"

"What is it?" she asked excitedly and could feel her pulse quickening in her veins. She wanted to finally know, but at the same time she was afraid of knowing the truth. When she finally found out, there would be no turning back. She would finally have certainty and who knows, maybe her feelings would finally stop spinning around like a merry-go-round too.

"I'll have to look something up in the Wizarding Directory to be sure." The Ravenclaw turned on his heel, leaving her clueless in his haste. Taken completely out of the clouds, she stared after him; he couldn't just leave her behind after those words! Curiosity tugged at her nerves, but she decided to continue on her way to the pitch and wait for either confirmation or disconfirmation of her theory.

She could see Hailey in the stands from afar, waving excitedly at her. As Serena pushed her way through the excited crowd towards her best friend, she caught herself scanning the crowd for Edmund. That bastard had known all along and had kept her in the dark. What's more, he had let her pore over his books for months, which he probably knew did not contain the answers to her questions.

Involuntarily, she clenched both hands into fists before settling down next to Hailey, who merely looked at her askance. "Hall?" she asked with amusement and seemed to find the reason for her grim face in her gaze. Nodding, Serena confirmed her suspicions and stared down at the field where the players were about to enter.

"You're in love," Hailey stated with a shrug, causing Serena to doubt her perception because an angry expression meant something completely different in her opinion. "Certainly not," she hissed, at that moment convinced of her own words, which came from her lips with such ease.

"Of course, and I'm a Hippogriff," was merely the Hufflepuff's reply, now looking at her meaningfully. "Actually, you can test that quite easily."

"I don't even need to test that."

Hailey hardly seemed to be impressed by her answer, but continued to give her advice that Serena wouldn't even dare to dream of at that moment, so absurd did they seem to her in view of her emotional state. "Kiss him again. Sober. And see how you feel."