Hello Brother

• Edmund Hall •

• Edmund Hall •

„Every saint has a past,
and every sinner has a future."

The morning went extremely slow for the Slytherin sixth formers and didn't get any better after the announcement of the oh-so-awesome project. Edmund could still hear the snivelling voice of his annoying cousin Draco in his ears. If it had been up to him, he would have loved to swap back as well. True, there were better candidates than Granger, but in any case he would have been sure of getting an excellent grade. Instead, when it came to working with Black, it was already predictable that it would end in a complete fiasco.

In the afternoon, the Slytherins' Quidditch selection match was on the agenda and thus also the first bright spot of the day. For four years Edmund had watched Flint giving instructions, demanding them sometimes quite harshly, and he had of course complained about it, as had everyone else. Now that he was in his place himself, he had to admit that Flint had done his job superbly. In fact, he had been little surprised that finally he had been handed the badge. Hardly anyone else had put as much effort into training and had been able to shine on the pitch as he had.

Annoyed, he brushed back his hair, which flew in all directions in the wind, but it was worth it for his favourite sport. In any case, he had already chosen a chaser who, with a little training, would surely harmonise well with him and Adrian Pucey. Peregrine Derrick and Lucian Bole, however, would remain with the team for only one more year. When Edmund imagined having to do the same charade again next year, he dreaded it. The bunch of brawling volunteers in front of him also made him doubt that these Slytherins had even a hint of dignity.

"Would you be so kind as to line up?" asked Edmund with a sigh, trying to sound friendly, but he could hear the annoyed undertone himself. The only ones paying attention to him, though, were the members of his existing team. He could also hear Draco smirking behind him, apparently they also found the situation funny.

The hard way, then. Edmund stuck two fingers in his mouth and whistled energetically, almost at the same moment everyone was staring at him. "Just to make one thing clear, anyone who doesn't respect me or thinks they don't have to abide by the rules can go right back to changing. This is my team and I have set out to lead us to victory this year. I'm only going to take the best and being good definitely requires discipline."

Disgruntled, Edmund let his gaze roam over the assembled students in front of him, none stirring or even making a sound. Satisfied with himself, he added, "Good, then I want to see you all on your brooms now. Take a couple of laps around the field, grab a bat and show me if you are at least able to hit the bludger."

As it turned out, they weren't. He managed to strike out five people in the first ten minutes alone, as they were already struggling to stay on their brooms. Another three did not manage to hit the bladger, not even after the eleventh attempt, and one actually thought he had to catch it with his hands. So Edmund was not really satisfied in the end.