Four times is four times too many

• Serena Black •

• Serena Black •

"There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."

Serena still had the bittersweet smile on her lips while the other players watched the blond Slytherin intently. Not a single word was said, only the distant celebrations of her classmates and the music could be heard in the background. No one wanted to miss out on what Serena had in store for him.

"Dare," Hall decided boldly and grinned as if he was certain to win.

But Serena was sure that this arrogance would not grace his face for long. Although a part of her had hoped that she would be able to pull something out of him after all, she began to warm to the idea of challenging the Slytherin a little. After just a quick glance at the poisonous green lake, she had already decided what would do the hot-tempered Slytherin good, namely cooling off.

"Your task is to jump into the lake," she announced, nodding her head over to the enchanted waters.

"If it's nothing else," Hall replied and began unbuttoning the buttons of his white shirt unabashedly.

But Serena's smile only widened when she pointed her index finger in the direction of the lake again, or more precisely at a small ledge four metres above the water level. "From there."

To her satisfaction, Hall paused for a few seconds to look at the ledge before continuing to remove his shirt, which definitely didn't look as enthusiastic as before. "Right, anything else you want?"

"Nope, not at the moment," she replied with satisfaction.

At that moment, Hailey approached her with a worried look and whispered, "Do you really think that's a good idea?"

"I'm sure his arrogance floats to the top," Serena simply replied, not wanting to be distracted from her plans. However, if she had been paying attention to the conversation between Hall and Zabini, she would have known that her opponent also had his plans.

"Ready?" she asked, her gaze almost reflecting impatience. Finally, she was going to make him dance to her tune.

"It can't go fast enough for my taste," Hall replied with a grin and began to perform silly stretching exercises while standing. Serena rolled her eyes and gently pushed him towards the shore of the lake. "Someone can't keep their hands to themselves again," he remarked.

"Come on," Serena instructed him and crossed both arms in front of her chest, "or are you scared?"

"I'll jump down from anywhere for you," the Slytherin replied, grinning insinuatingly, although he should know by now that something like that wouldn't fly with the girl in front of him. Nevertheless, he gave his two best friends another quick high-five and climbed onto the rise.