Chapter 5

~Thiago~

When I leave her little homemade place I go back to the house where everyone is at.

"Do we have any new info?" Father asks and me and Rico shake our heads. 

"Nothing boss" Rico says and I just shake my head again. For some reason father keeps staring at me. Directly in my eyes.

He knows...

I sigh and just wait for him to say what he needs to say.

"Thiago" he says sternly and looks right at me.

He's the only person in the world that scares me.

"Yes?" I ask

"Follow me to my office" he says and I follow right behind him and sit in the chair in front of his desk as he takes his own seat.

"So I'm assuming you know this girl" he pulls out a picture of Vanity on her bike about to take off.

"Yes. She goes to that school" I say trying to shrug it off and make it seem like she's just another person.

"You know she would've been dead if she went within a couple feet of a police station." He says and I sigh in defeat.

How does he know? Nobody was even there.

"What do you mean-" I start but he cuts me off.

"If you want to protect her. You'll have to cut her off completely," he says before I can even finish and I sit there silently.

But I don't want to...

"But dad-" I start but he cuts me off again.

"Do you want her to die son? Because they'll kill her if you don't leave her alone." He says before I can get anything out also raising his voice a little.

"Ok fine. I won't talk to her anymore" I avoid eye contact a little.

"Good" I take this as a sign to leave. But as I start to walk out the door he stops me.

"Oh and son, if you ever meet that happen again, I'll kill You with my own hands. Let's try not to be seen again ok?" He says and I just nod and walk out.

That's the first time that I ever been seen doing a job. She is the only one to see me do that. Let's keep it that way.

I go to the couch where Rico is sitting. As soon as i finish thinking my dad comes out to tell us something.

"Alright. I have something for you two. Tomorrow after school you are to both go to that girl Julie's house while she's at school. Drug her father and bring her back here." He says.

"We're skipping school?" Rico asks and my dad looks at him annoyed.

"Rico you guys are 21 and 20. You not going to learn. You did that already." He says with a sigh then mutters "maybe you do need it..." I heard this and I laughed a little.

"Also if you need back up, you which you shouldn't, you know what to do." He says then walks back into his office.

"Looks like we got a job to do" Rico says and he looks at me and I just nod and start walking out the house.

I don't talk much only if I need to, I barely even talk to my own dad since my mother died. We're still trying to figure out what happened to her and who did it.

——————————————
                     ~Vanity~

I am now back at that house. I just want to feel my bed again. I climb up the tree yet again and this time no one is in there. I let out a sigh of relief as I know I can't take another fall.

I climb right into the window and lock the door. Once I lock the door I go to get in my bed. And snuggle into my covers.

I missed this so much. It feels like it's been years.

When I get comfy I start to doze off

I hear banging on my door that wakes me up and I know exactly who it is.

I don't have enough energy to deal with this. I should probably eat something soon.

I sit there in my bed and don't answer my door because eventually he'll just go away.

"VANITY!" I hear him scream through the door but I still don't answer the door. But when I least expect it the door comes off the hinges.

You have to be fucking kidding me. What do I do to deserve this?

"Get your ass up out of this bed bitch! You thought you could sneak out every night and I wouldn't do anything about it!?" He yells at me and I literally don't even have the motivation to get up right now. So I just lay there.

"You know what? Get the fuck out of my house!" He starts up again.

"You know I have to live here right?" I ask him and for some reason this seems to send him over the top.

So he walks over to my bed and pulls me up out of it forcefully and throws me on the ground to stomp on me.

"You never do anything in this got damn house! All you do is go out and spread your legs for every damn man you see! And I'm tired of it!" He starts to yell again.

Wait a damn minute.

"I don't do any of that shit. I'm out so I can get the fuck away from you!" I yell back at him and he does not like that at all.

"You fucking ungrateful bitch. You think you can just come into my house and treat me like this? Is that what you think?" He asks me and stomps on me again. I groan in pain and cough a little.

"Well think again! You're getting the fuck out of my house. You been here too damn long." He says to me and I'm kinda at a loss for words. Or thoughts.

Where the hell am I supposed to go now?

"Wh-"

Before I could even say anything he picks me up off the floor and starts beating me. Bad.

He usually beats me and I'm used to it. But this time he was going all out. Like he was fighting a grown man. I'm a 17 year old girl.

Punches after punches kicks after kicks. This man was beating me like he was Mike Tyson.

God please help me...

It's almost like he answered my prayer. Kinda. Not exactly the way I wanted it to go but it's better than nothing I guess.

He stops kicking and punching me and decides that I'm going to get out of his house now.

"I can't fucking stand you. You get out right now." He says and yanks me up by my hair and starts dragging me.

He didn't yank me all the way up so I'm still on the ground. He then drags me down the steps and my head hits on every step.

When we get to the bottom of the stairs he literally picks me up and throws me out of his house, and I land in some glass from his broken beer bottles.

I yell in pain now having a couple shards of glass in my back. And he goes inside to get my stuff and throws it out to me.

My room didn't consist of much just my clothes, my record player and records my mom gave me, and my guitar, which is at my other place.

I've taken beatings before but this one was different. Now I can't move. Well i still can but barely. Not enough to get up and definitely not enough to drive my bike.

I sigh then take my sweatshirt off to put over my records just in case it wants to start raining.

I take out that note that's still in my pocket from that night it was on my bike. I wonder if I should call it or not. Would he even answer?

What else am I gonna do? Sit here and die?

I decide to take my chance and call that number.

And it rings

And rings

And rings.

But no answer.

——————————————