Chapter 44

~Vanity~

(A day later)

I'm laying in my bed. Yes that's right. Frank said I graduated to a bed because my skills have gotten better. Still not sheets or covers...but it's whatever. I've been moving up.

"I hear footsteps coming from down the hall I immediately recognize them as Hendrix's. He opens my door and I'm looking his way.

"Boss says that he wants us in his office now" he says and I get up off my bed and make my way to his office with Hendrix following behind me. I've been here so long I can find my way around this place without my sight.

We get in there and I pull the chair out to sit in it.

"What do you need us for?" I ask and from the way he's talking he seems excited.

"Well my beloved daughter. You are going to sign these papers" he says and I hear a clipboard drop in front of me.

"Paper for what?" I ask him back.

"Just sign them" he says and taps a pen on the paper.

Does he think I'm fucking stupid?

"Hendrix" I say.

"Yes ma'am?"

"Read me these papers. Not the whole thing just give me an idea of what's going on" I tell him and he goes silent for a second so I assume he's reading them.

"Uhmm it is if boss ever dies or retires, you will get control of the whole mafia" he tells me and I pause.

"I don't want that" I say.

"Well you don't have a choice. You either sign the papers or sign the papers" Frank tells me and I roll my eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me you little bitch. I don't need to see your eyes to see that damn attitude." Franks says again.

Does this nigga ever shut up?

"Ok what are you waiting for? Sign the papers" he tells me and I look straight forward.

"I can't see" I tell him and he groans and takes my hand and puts a pen in it and puts the point of it on the paper.

"Sign here. Damn" he says annoyed and I smirk at the fact that he was getting annoyed. I take the pen and blindly sign the papers anyway.

"And here take this" he says and throws I hear something jingle through the air and I catch it. I feel it with my hands and come to the conclusion that it's a key.

"It's the key to everything. It's a spare just in case anything happens, you take over everything ok?" He ask and I nod.

"Excellent. Now we are to come up with a plan to kill the Garcías." He says and I look confused.

Garcia? That name kind of sounds familiar but I can't remember how...

"Yeah Yeah whatever." I say and leave his office and I hear Hendrix trail behind me.

"You know you're so lucky" he tells me.

"Yeah? How?" I ask him.

"To be able to have that title. I mean you're gonna be the boss of everybody and everything. Even me!" He exclaims and I chuckle.

"I would never be the boss of you. You're my best friend." I tell him.

"Yeah but still. You know how hard I've been working to get up to where I am now? And you just been here a few months and get to be top dog" he tells me and I smirk.