Chapter 46

~vanity~

I heard the door open but I don't open my eyes. There's no point. What am I gonna see? I feel someone grab my hand and rub their thumb along the back of it. I squeeze their hand back.

I then start to hear sniffling and then identify the person as Thiago. He jumps when I squeeze his hand back though.

"What happened?" I hear Rico ask.

"She squeezed my hand..." I hear Thiago say.

"Stop crying" I ask him and the whole room goes silent. I smirk at this.

Yeah bitches I been awake this whole time.

"How-how did you-"

"I can hear you sniffing. I'm not dead so don't cry" I tell him and that seems to make him cry even more. I start to hear someone else crying in the back.

"Mom?" I ask and the crying gets closer.

"Yes baby. I'm so glad you're ok" she tells me and holds my other hand.

"Yeah I just wish I could see you guys again" I say and sigh.

"What do you mean. Open your eyes" Thiago tells me and I shake my head.

"No I can't do that" I tell him and he lets go of my hand and I can feel his hand coming near to my face. So I catch it.

"No. Don't touch my face" I tell him and he tries to move his hand from my grip.

"Open your eyes. Let me see" he tells me and I keep moving my head out of the way.

"Baby why haven't you opened your eyes yet?" My mom asks me and I sigh.

Might as well tell them.

"I'm 100% blind in both my eyes. They look gray and lifeless that's why I wore glasses" I say.

"What do you mean blind? Open your eyes let me see" Thiago says and I sigh before opening my eyes. I hear everybody in the room gasp.

"You can't see at all...?" My mom asks and I nod.

"Mom. Can I ask you something?" I ask but now I'm getting a little tired.

"Yes baby. Anything" she tells me.

"You told me dad died when I was little" I say and she starts bawling her eyes out.

Oh lord. I didn't mean to make her cry.

"I'm not mad or anything. Just confused..." I say and she tries to get her words out.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't want you to be involved with him in any way shape or form" she cries out and I nod.

Well that didn't quite work did it...

"It's ok mom. I know." I say and rub her hand then I start smiling to myself for a while.

"What are you smiling about?" Thiago asks and I shake my head.

"You know man...it's crazy my...so called father he left me his whole mafia." I say and the silence was loud but didn't last long.

"What?!" They all say in unison. And I nod.

"Yeah it's crazy right?" I say but nobody answers me.

Wow tough crowd.

"You inherited Frank Santros mafia?" I hear Luis ask and I nod.

"I sure did. Signed the papers lie yesterday actually" I tell him then I hear some footsteps coming.