Chapter 69

~Vanity~

I wake up the next morning to an empty bed and immense pain in my right shoulder. I put my glasses on and get up to go in his room to look for him. I don't knock and just open his door.

He's sitting there at his desk with Victoria on the opposite side writing stuff down. He looks up from his computer when he's sees me then he looks back down at his computer. He looks tired.

Why the hell is Victoria in here.

"Hey Si" is all he says.

Damn that's all I get?

"You didn't come to bed last night?" I ask him.

"No I slept in here actually" he says.

"Why?" I ask him.

"Look, I got a lot of stuff to do and with you- I just need to focus" he said but what I heard was, 'I don't wanna be bothered with you'.

"Alright my bad, I won't bother you then" I say then turn around to leave.

"Wait you know that's not what I meant" he says but I close his door and leave. I go back to my room and call Hendrix. He picks up on the third ring.

"Hello?" He says.

"Hendrix. That kid still there?" I ask him.

"Yeah he's pretty scared though. He thinks we're gonna kill him" he says.

Aww.

"Well don't scare him. I'm coming over there to talk to him" I tell him.
——————————————

"So where is he at?" I ask Hendrix and he leads me to a room. When the kid sees me his body stiffens up.

"Calm down I'm not gonna do anything to you" I tell him but that doesn't help much.

"Boy that was a dangerous job you was doin. What you doing in this type of business?" I ask him and he stays quiet. I realize he's not gonna talk at all so I sigh.

"We're not gonna hurt you I promise. If anything we'll protect you" I say trying to reassure him. Or at least try to. He looks like he doesn't believe a word I'm saying.

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket so I take it out to look at it. The contact is Thiago so I just ignore it and put it back in my pocket.

He probably not saying nothing anyway.

"Ok well you ain't going nowhere until I talk to you so..." I say then turn around to leave.

"I'm sorry for stabbing you..." I hear from behind me.

"It's alright. I'll see you tomorrow" I say then me and Hendrix walk out the room. My phone keeps buzzing so I turn on my do not disturb.

"Hendrix try not to let him leave but don't force him to do anything. If he insists on going let him go" I say and he nods.

"Got it" he says then I walk out and go back to my car to drive back to the house.
——————————————

I go inside and upstairs but instead of going in my room I decide I'm gonna visit Diana. I knock then open her door and she's just sitting there holding her baby.

"Hey D" I say when I go in. I look around and see no Theo. Good.

"Where's Theo?" I ask her.

"They're all in training" she says and I nod.

"So how's your arm?" She asks.

"It's alright. It still hurts a little here and there but I'm ok" I say. She just pauses and looks away.