Chapter 34

~Vanity~

We go up to Rico's door and Diana is standing at the door like she waiting for something to happen. She then opens Rico's door. Rico is playing his game and has his case of beer next to him, but he hasn't taken anything out of it yet.

Damn.

He looks over to us and immediately gets suspicious and takes his headset off and pauses his game.

"What's going on?" He asks and Diana is looking at the floor and Theo is avoiding all eye contact.

What is wrong with yall?

"Vanity?" He says and looks at me for an answer and I shake my head.

"Uh uh. I ain't even here." I tell him and he turns back to Diana and Theo.

"Diana. What is happening?" He asks a final time and Diana starts to speak up.

"Uhm...me and Theo, are together...he's my boyfriend" she finally gets out and Rico's eyes widen and he looks at Theo.

"What?" He asks and gets up from his chair.

Oh Rico. That ain't even the best part.

"And...I'm pregnant" she tells him and he is furious. He gets up and steps towards Theo.

"dejaste embarazada a mi hermanita!?" He yells at Theo.

Wait Theo knows Spanish?

"Alright listen. We love each oth-"

"No, joder, no lo haces! Te dije que no te quería cerca de ella!" He cuts Theo off and takes him by the shirt.

Hes about to hurt that boy...

"Basta!" Diana yells and Rico lets go of Theo.

"No puedes controlar lo que hago y a quién veo!" She shouts at Rico and he rolls his eyes.

"no hay nada que puedas hacer al respecto. Nos quedamos con este bebé y estamos juntos." Theo speaks up and Rico glares at him. He then grabs Diana's hand and leaves the room.

After they leave Thiago comes up behind me. Rico is just standing there. He then looks over at me and Thiago.

"Did you guys know about this?" He asks us and Thiago is the first to respond.

"Know about what?" Thiago asks.

"My sister? Diana? She's pregnant with Theos fucking baby!" He exclaims and Thiago is shocked.

"Vanity did you know?" He asks me and I stay silent for a minute.

"...Yeah I did" I say and he scoffs.

"Unbelievable" he mutters under his breath.

"What's so bad about it anyway?" I ask him and he sits down on his bed.

"You don't understand. He's a party animal he can't be with my sister." He says and I nod.

"It's because he's was with girl after girl? You don't want him near your sister?" I ask him and he nods.

"Well that's how I a-" I start but see Thiago staring at me out the corner of my eye.

"-Used to be. That's how I used to be. People can change you know" I tell him and he shakes his head.

"Not him" he says and I put my hands up.

"Then I don't know what to tell you. Let her figure it out. But dude. I've never seen a grown man throw a tantrum like that before. You need to figure this shit out" I tell him and he huffs and shakes his head.