Chapter 68

~Vanity~

It's been a few hours and Thiago hasn't said anything to me. Yeah he's working but he didn't even text or call. He must be really mad this time. Then my phone starts buzzing. It's Hendrix.

"Hello?" I pick up the phone.

"Si we got some people tryna steal shit" he says and I sit up from my bed.

"Where?" I ask him and he gives me the address to one of my dad's warehouses.

"Wait for me I'll be there in like 2 minutes" I say then get up.

"That's not even poss-" I cut him off by hanging up on him. I take my bike keys instead of my car keys. I go into my draw and grab my gun then leave out my room and go downstairs.

I pass the kitchen and see Optimus laying down begging for food. Seeing him trying to act all cute for some food makes me laugh. The chefs then look at me.

"Can you cook him something please? Just anything without chocolate, onion...yall know what dogs can't eat right?" I ask and they nod.

"Yes ma'am" one of them says.

"Alright. If your not sure then look it up" I say then go out the house. I go to my new bike and get on it. I turn it on then speed out of the driveway. I weave in and out of traffic, run red lights and get there in about 4 minutes. I pull up beside Hendrix's car and he gets out.

"How the fuck did you get here so fast?" He asks and walks up to me.

"That doesn't matter. You said someone was stealing?" I ask him and he starts walking to the warehouse.

"Most of its been taken care of but I think there's still a few in here" he says and I take my gun out of my pocket and just walk right in there. I point my gun around and start walking. I don't see anybody.

Then I stop walking and put my hand in front of Hendrix so he stops walking to. We stop so now it's quiet and I hear about 3 people walking or tip toeing. I pull the trigger on the gun and hear someone start to yell and the other two scramble off.

I run in the direction of the yell and find a man lying on the ground. Looks like I got him in his leg. Hendrix shoots him again, this time killing him. I listen for more footsteps and I hear 2 more sets of them. I shoot at the heavier set of them and hear another yelp.

We run over there to the person that's down. I shot them in the leg too. Hendrix comes up behind me and finishes the job.

"Is that it?" He asks and I shake my head.

"No I thought there was someone still here..." I say because I swear I heard 2 sets of footsteps. Then I hear something ripping through the air.

"Get down!" I yell but I'm too late as whatever was going through the air got me right in my shoulder.

"Fuck!" I yell as that shit hurt like a bitch and adrenaline is weak as a mofo right now. I go to grab the knife to pull it out but Hendrix stops me.

"No dont! You'll bleed out!" He say and I just leave it in. I walk in the direction of where that knife came from. I see that person throw another one but this time I'm able to dodge it.

I run towards the person and they start running too. I'm faster so I end up catching up and catching him. I grab him by his collar and put my gun to his head. I turn him around so he's facing me. I get a good look at his face and put my gun down.

This is a child...

He's breathing erratically and looking around frantically with fear in his eyes. He looks terrified so I put him down.