Chapter 10

~Vanity~

After about 2 hours of following Rico's little sister around the house, it's now 9:30. She gives me her number and I finally get back up to my room and I'm kinda really fucking tired now.

I lay down in my bed and someone comes in. I expect it to be Thiago, but it's Rico.

"So how do you like it here so far?" He asks me and sits on the end of the bed.

"It's pretty cool here. You guys aren't bad. Compared to people I've been around." I say to him.

"Well that's cool. Do you trust us?" He asks me.

"No are you stupid? I don't even know you guys" I say back.

Why would he think that I trust him.

"Ok...well.." he pulls out a box of cards.

"You wanna play crazy 8?"

"Who sent you?" I ask and he just laughs.

"Nobody sent me. I'm just trying to make you feel more comfortable" he says and I just look at him.

"Please? Nobody ever wants to play crazy 8 with me." He then says and that makes me think back to whenever I would ask my mom to play cards with me and she always said no.

"You must be a cheater and that's why nobody wants to play with you. But I'll play with you anyway" I say and sit up from my bed and move over so he can sit across from me on the bed.

He takes out the cards out and starts to deal them already.

"Uh uh. Give me the cards" I say to him and he looks taken aback.

"I see why nobody wants to play with you. Give me the cards" he gives me the cards to that I can shuffle them.

After a few rounds of crazy 8. I ask Rico,

"Do you think Thiago would want to play with us?" I ask him and he laughs.

"If you ask him he will. Not if I do." He says and I'm a little confused.

"Uh.. ok where is he?" I ask him and he points to the left.

"Right next to this room actually" he says and I get up go over then come back.

"So where is he?" He asks.

"Well he was on board until I mentioned you were playing." I say and sit back down on my bed.

"Rico, im done playing cards with you. We've been playing for a good 20 minutes get out" I say to him and he gets up and laughs.

"Well excuse me bossy. Well dinner will be ready in a little" he says and walks out.

I still don't feel like eating anything so I'll just have to skip that again. I then lay back down and go to sleep.

——————————————

I hear a noise and immediately jump up and reach for one of my nerf guns on the nightstand. Then I realize. I'm not at home.

I'm now breathing heavy and confused. When I look to where the noise came from it's Thiago's father standing there.

"I'm sorry I startled you. I didn't mean to." He apologizes.

"Every noise startles me. It's fine." I say to him and sit up in a more comfortable position in the bed.

"So..uh..." I start but don't know what to call him.

"Luis" he finished for me.

"Luis. What's up" I try to sound as polite as possible.

"So, Diana is going on a mission to... retrieve something for me. She doesn't want to go alone." He says and I don't say anything.

"She said that you can shoot throw knives and fight. She doesn't want to go with any of the boys." He tells me and I just stare at him.

I don't know about this. What if I fuck it up?

He the reaches behind his back and puts a desert eagle on my bed. I look at the gun then back up at him.

"Just think about it... Thiago tells me you like guns" and with that he leaves.

I stare at the gun for about a minute then I reach down and grab it. I examine it with a smile. I always wanted a gun, a real one. I check the inside and see that it's loaded. I also notice something else and decide to test it out.

I pick up the gun again and hold it to my head and close my eyes. As I'm about to pull the trigger, Thiago walks in.

"What the fuck are you doing!" He yells at me then runs over and hits my arm really hard so the gun isn't near my head. When he hits my arm, my arm moves so it's facing the wall and I accidentally pull the trigger.

Click

"What the fuck were you doing!" He yells at me still holding my arm. He has a tight grip on my bicep. Holding my arm away from my face, and he is now on top of me straddling my waist and my back is pushed against the backboard of the bed.

"I wasn't actually gonna shoot myself! Did you see a bullet fly? The safety was on!" I yell at him.

"What if it wasn't! You would've shot yourself! Are you fucking stupid!?" He yells back at me.

"Get the fuck off of me and leave me alone." I say and when he realizes the position we're in, he gets off me and leaves but he takes my gun with him.

"Your gonna take my gun too?" I yell after him but don't get out of bed. Just after that he slams the door.

What the fuck is wrong with him. Im gonna miss my gun... I just got it. What the fuck!

I sigh and lay back down. Just as I do Rico comes back in.

"What happened? Why did Thiago storm out of here so mad?" He asks and I just shake my head.

"I don't know man. I do not know." I say and he leaves.

I'm going back to sleep.

——————————————

(A/N-Kinda short chapter)