Chapter 24

~Vanity~

When I wake up Thiago is tightly holding me. Then my phone buzzes so I pick it up.

Luis: I got your helmets. Their
by the front door.

Me: thanks

How he even get my number?

I start to sit up a little and that immediately wakes Thiago up.

"Where are you going?" He asks.

"I'm going for a ride. You wanna come?" I ask him and he nods then starts to get up out the bed. I get dressed in some sweatpants and a sweatshirt and he does the same.

We go downstairs and I pick up the package with my helmets and rip it open. There they are both matte black helmets.

They're so pretty.

I take one, then take the other one and give it to Thiago.

"Come on" I say to him and he takes the helmet and follows me out to my bike.

"These look new" he says s as we get on.

"Yup. They're Bluetooth" I say back.

"...what?" He asks.

"It means if we both have them on we can still talk to each other." I say then put my helmet on.

He puts his on too and when I'm getting ready to start driving I feel something knock on my helmet and I turn around to look at him.

I can't see his face because it's tinted but he shakes his head and points to where his ears should be.

I turn around fully so I'm facing him and press the button on the side of his helmet.

"Can you hear me now?" I ask him and he nods his head.

"Yeah" he says and I turn back around and start driving. I drive to that abandoned parking lot I always go to.

"Alright we're here" I say and take my helmet off and he does too.

"Come on let me show you where I like to go and bring your helmet" I grab his hand and lead him into the woods. He doesn't say anything and he just lets me.

After walking for a good minute we finally get to that stream thing that I be at. He stares at the stream in awe.

"This is nice right?" I ask as I sit down by the stream and he nods and sits down right next to me.

I grab my knife from out of one of my pockets and give it to him.

"Here take this" I tell him and he takes it but he doesn't know what to do with it.

"And do what with it?" He asks.

"I want you to carve your initials into that helmet" I tell him and he's surprised.

"You want me to carve my initials into your helmet...?" He asks hesitantly and I giggle.

"No. I want you to carve your initials into your helmet. This is for when we ride together. Don't lose it" I tell him and he smiles and starts using the knife to put his initials into the helmet.

I take my phone out at I watch him.

"What type of music do you listen too?" I ask him and he shakes his head.

"I don't"

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??????

"You don't listen to music?" I ask him and he shakes his head again.