Chapter 30

~Vanity~

Me and Optimus go back to my room. Thiago isn't there and I frown at that.

Is he actually that mad?

I put Optimus down on my bed so he can sleep and I leave to door open just in case he wants to come out. I sigh then decide that I'm gonna go find my mom.

I walk down the hallways until I come up on a door that I smell her perfume on. Through the door I can hear her and Luis talking to each other. So I decide to do what she used to do to me when I was little. I bust in the room.

"What yall doing in here?" I ask as soon as I make my grand entrance. I see Luis side eye me.

"Nigga who the fuck are you side eyeing?" I ask him and he huffs and rolls his eyes. My mom laughs at this. I then step in front of Luis and put my arm in front of him.

"Ma is this man bothering you?" I ask her and she laughs even more and shakes her head. I then look back up at Luis.

"Don't do something to get your ass whooped" I tell him and look him up and down, sizing him up.

Alright let me stop playing.

"I'm just playing. Anyway Luis, get out. I wanna spend time with my mommy" I say and jump on top of her on her bed. Luis leaves and closes the door.

"That's a sexy man. Don't you think?" She asks and turns to me.

"Well...me personally I'm not into 40 year old men. But I guess so...?" I say hesitantly.

"Luis tells me you know how to use guns and knives" she tells me.

Why would he say that...

"Yeah. I had to learn" I say and thankfully she dismissed it.

"Mom. Where have you been all these years?" I ask her and she shakes her head.

"If I tell you I'd have to kill you" she says and I roll my eyes.

Does she have to quote movies all the time?

"Mom I am being dead ass" I tell her and she laughs.

"Didn't I tell you not to worry about it?" She asks me.

"Well I'm worrying about it regardless" I tell her but she waves me off so I decide to let it go again.

"Ouu mom. They got Spanish food here, like we used to eat but better. You wanna get some?" I ask her and she nods.

"Ok I'll be right back" I tell her and she nods as I leave. When I leave I go to Thiagos room because he wasn't in my room earlier. I walk in his room and he's there laying on his bed all stretched out without a shirt on. As soon as I come in he gets up.

"Thiago what's wrong?" I ask him and this time he completely gets up out of bed.

"You called me your friend in front of your mom. That kind of hurt" he tells me and I hug him.

"I'm sorry. That's just what came out. I was in shock" I tell him.

I really don't know why I told my mom that.

"I'm sure she'll put 2 and 2 together." I tell him and he smirks.

"Damn right she will" he says and wraps his arms around my waist and kisses my neck.

"She's gonna put 2 and 2 together real fast" he says and turns my face towards him and kisses me softly.

He's gonna be a pain in the ass.