Chapter 9

~Thiago~

"You know what? You're the only person I'd actually hang out with. I like you" then she walks away.

She likes me...?

I don't know why but when she said that my heart started beating harder. I could feel the beat in my ears. Her words made me want to... smile.

She means it as friends. Don't get your hopes up.

"Thiago" I turn around and there's Rico standing there with a smirk on his face.

"What was that?" He asks smugly.

"She asked me to take her to her bike so she could bring it here." I say back to him, and he looks confused.

"Since when do you do what people ask? I asked you to bring me to McDonald's yesterday and you said no." He says and I just roll my eyes and start walking away.

I'm walking and I just so happen to be waking past my father's office and he calls me in there.

"Thiago can I talk to you for a minute? I have an idea." He says and I walk into his office and lay down on the couch in there.

"What you got?" I ask him and he turns to me.

"So this girl you brought back..." he starts and I start to get suspicious of what he's gonna say next.

"Yeah...?" I ask him and he keeps going.

"She knows how to shoot, obviously. I'm guessing she knows how to fight. And from the way she was holding Jason's knife she knows how to throw knives too. And her reflexes are amazing" He states.

Why are you telling me shit I already know? Get to the point already.

"Yeah...so?" I ask him and he continues.

"So, I think she should... work with us." He proposes his idea and I lift my head up from the couch about to shoot his idea down.

"Listen mijo. She doesn't have anywhere to go right? And she already here. I saw that look in her eyes when she shot Jason." What is he talking about. "She knew food and well we could've all shot her dead once she shot Jason. But she didn't back down. She's fearless Thiago." He say and I shake my head.

"No. We can't do that." I say and he speaks up again.

"Just think about it, plus, I'm sure Rico's sister would love to have someone to go on missions with. She's always complaining on how there's no girls in this house for her to hang out with." He says again and I still don't think it's a good idea.

"Just think about it Thiago. Just ease her into it, she won't even see it coming. Take her to the shooting range tomorrow. Even if she already knows how to shoot. Just take her through a day in the life of what we do." He tells me and I just nod.

What's the worst that could happen. It could be fun.

"Also. I know you like her."

What the hell? What makes him think that.

"Dad we're just fr-"

"You my son. You've basically been mute since your mother died. I saw you speak to her. Plus I saw you smile at her when y'all came in." He says.

What..? How the hell did he see that?

"I have eyes everywhere. I see everything." He says.

I was just thinking th- how the hell does he do that?