Chapter 57

~Vanity~

(2 months later August 29th 9:30am)

I wake up with Thiago in my arms and Optimus lying at our feet.

I wonder if I've ever kicked him off the bed by accident...

My phone starts buzzing and I pick it up to see that it's 9:31am and Hendrix is calling. Again. I pick up the phone.

"Hendrix what do you want?" I say not too loud to wake up Thiago. And Hendrix laughs.

"Listen. Guess what" he says and I sigh.

"You finally got a girlfriend?" I ask him and he scoffs.

"You know I wish you would stop telling me I need one. I like bothering my little sister" he says and I sigh.

"Ok what were you so excited to tell me?" I ask him.

"I got a bike" he says and I'm confused.

"A bicycle...?"

"No Si an actual bike. Like yours but only better" he says and I scoff.

"Better. Your hilarious send me a pic" I say.

"Alright wait a minute" he says and I wait for him to send me the picture. Then I get a notification.

"Did you get it?" He asks and I click on the picture.

"Yeah I did. Wait a minute" I say and look at the picture of his bike.

"Ok I like it

"Ok I like it. But it's not better than mine so you're bugging" I tell him.

"Yes it is. But anyway now that we both got bikes I think we should ride together" he says and I'm not against the idea.

"Yeah we should do that. When?" I ask him and he pauses before responding.

"Since you got your bike back we should do it today" he says and I nod.

"Yeah. Let's burn some rubber" I say and he laughs on the other side of the phone.

"Burn what?" I hear Thiago sleepily say and look up at me.

"I gotta go" I tell Hendrix then hang up the phone.

"Who was that?" Thiago asks me.

"Hendrix" I say and he puts his head back down on my stomach.

"What did you say you were gonna do?" He mumbles. 

"Burn rubber" I say to him.

"What does that mean?" He asks.

"It means to drive really fast" I tell him and he looks up at me again.

"You can't drive. What if your wound opens back up?" He asks me and I giggle.