Chapter 50

~Vanity~

I pull up to my Fathers old house and I kill the engine on my bike and walk in the house. I'm immediately greeted with a guard at the door.

"Hello Ms. Sienna. Welcome back boss" he says while still standing tall in his position.

Boss? Do they still think...?

"Thank you" I say and leave for the office where my dad used to be at. I open the door but Hendrix isn't in there. I get confused then walk into his room and there he is.

"How's my HNIC?" I ask him and he looks up at me

"What does that mean?" he asks.

"Head nigga in charge" I tell him and he smiles and laughs a little.

"Why you're not in the office?" I ask him and he sighs.

"I just can't... it belongs to you. All of this is yours" he tells me and I groan.

"You can't be serious. I thought I gave my title away a long time ago" I ask him and he shakes his head.

"I know...but it still feels wrong. And...I don't wanna do this by myself..." he mutters the last part and a small look of shock comes across my face.

"Wow you are a grown ass man. Stop acting like a child. I thought you could handle this" I tell him.

"I can handle it. I've been handling it since you were in the hospital...but..." he trails off and I sigh and come up with an idea.

"Fine. I'll take over half and you got the other half ok?" I ask him and his eyes light up.

"You would really do that for me?" He asks and gets up to hug me.

"Of course. You're like my little brother" I tell him and he breaks the hug and looks at me confused.

"Wait...but I'm older than you..." he says slowly and I nod.

"Yeah says a lot doesn't it?" I ask and he rolls his eyes at me. He's 24. 6 years older than me.

"Whatever. I'm just so happy I don't have to do this alone." He tells me and I sit on his bed.

"So what's wrong with you?" He asks me and I look up at him.

"What do you mean?" I ask him and he gives me a knowing look.

"You came here to spend time with me?" He asks and I nod.

"Bullshit what happened" he asks me and I sigh.

"I came here because I wanted to get some fresh air and drive on my bike for the first time in a while" I tell him.

"Woah you have a bike? Can I ride it?" He asks and I immediately shake my head.

"Nigga are you crazy? No you can't ride my bike" I tell him and he rolls his eyes.

"Whatever. So what's up with you. Why did you need 'some fresh air'" he asks me and I just decide to tell him.

"Alright fine. I went in Thiagos room and found Hennessy bottles under his bed" I say and his eyes widen.

"And what did you say to him?" He asks and I shrug.

"I just told him if he wants to drink then go ahead. Because who am I to stop him?" I say and Hendrix nods.

"Yeah that's true" he says.

"But he got mad and told me to stop talking to him like he's a drunk" I say.

"Well...is he?" He asks me and I shake my head.