Chapter 3.

~Bethany~

Later that night, I took a showered brushed my teeth again.

I rubbed my body down with lotion and slipped on a strapless bra and underwear, before sliding into my robe and walking back into the bedroom.

I checked the time to make sure I wasn't running behind.

I sat down at my vanity mirror and started to curl my hair.

After I finished, I started on my makeup.

I applied a light layer of foundation just as the room door opened.

"Ang finally fell asleep." He said, flopping on my queen size bed.

"Oh sure you can come in. Thanks for knocking." I said sarcastically, mugging him through the mirror.

"You'll live." He watched me finish my eyeliner and start on my eyeshadow. "Why you putting all that shit on your face? You don't need it."

"Thanks," I applied a few coats of mascara. "But you don't have to lie to me."

"I'm serious, you're beautiful without makeup."

"Mhm." I mumbled, standing up and walking to the closet to pick my outfit.

"Bethany, I'm serious. You don't realize how gorgeous you are and that every man would kill to be with you." He said, walking in behind me.

"Not every man."

"Stop it." He scolded. "Don't do this again."

"Do what?" I questioned innocently.

"Put yourself down because of him. Don't let that nigga continue to ruin your confidence."

"I'm not letting him do anything. He doesn't have any control over me." I argued back.

At least not anymore.

The doorbell rang, saving me from the impending argument.

"Could you get that so I can get dressed?" I asked, hoping he'd leave me alone.

"You ain't slick. This conversation isn't over either." He left as I continued the search for something to wear.

I heard the door open and loud voices.

"Ew, why the fuck are you here?" Niecy said.

I checked the time and noticed she was early.

"Well hello to you too, Rude Ass." He replied.

Uh oh.

I better get downstairs before they kill each other.

I hurried down the steps as I heard Niecy start to get even louder.

"Nigga I don't know who the fu-" She got in his face.

"Hey! Be quiet before y'all wake up my baby." I whisper-yelled. "Niecy, you're early."

She looked him up and down before turning to me with a smile.

"Hey boo." She skipped over to me and wrapped her little arms around me. "I came early so I could help you find something to wear cause I know how you are."

We laughed and I started to walk her up the stairs.

"Well I guess I'll just let y'all talk or whatever." He said awkwardly.

"Yeah you do that." Niecy snapped.

"Be nice." I poked her then turned to him. "Thanks. Can you go check on Angel for me?"