Chapter 10.

(Nathan in the pic! Thanks to __IAmSamAnthaG for the character of Nathan!)

~Sebastian~

"Are you sure?" The voice on the other line questioned.

"Yes I'm sure she'll be there. I heard her talking on the phone." I replied, rolling my eyes.

Just cause this was her plan didn't mean she had to question everything I say.

"She better be. You've been very slack on your end of the bargain, Sebastian. I could easily have someone else do this if you can't-"

"No!" I hissed and looked at the stairs, making sure Bethany didn't hear me. "I got it."

"Then get it done." She snapped then the line went dead.

Bitch.

I heard footsteps and Bethany appeared at the top of the stairs in yoga pants and a tank top with her hair in a ponytail.

No makeup but my heart still clenched at the sight of her.

"Hey, I'm heading out now." She said, making her way down each step. "Angel's sleeping in her room and there's leftover lasagna and garlic bread from last night."

I looked at the watch on my wrist.

Perfect.

She should get there right on time.

"Where are you going? I thought your shoot wasn't until 12." I played dumb, taking a seat on the couch.

She cleared her throat and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"I'm meeting a friend before the shoot." She said quietly, walking towards me.

I didn't look at her as she took a seat beside me.

"Do I know her?" I pressed.

She hesitated.

"No, you don't know him." She replied after a few seconds.

I nodded slowly.

"Have fun with your new boyfriend." I said. "It's about time you let the old one go."

"It's not even like that." She sighed."He's just a friend. You of all people know I don't date anymore."

The last sentence sent a pang of guilt through me and I finally looked at her to see she was fighting tears.

She was thinking about him again.

Great, now I'm the asshole.

I groaned and pulled her into a hug.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean that." I mumbled into her hair.

"Then why did you say it?" She said, muffled by my chest. "Why do you say anything about him that you know will hurt me? Do you even care about me?"

She pulled back and scooted away from me a bit.

"Of course I care about you. Why would you say that?" I question, baffled.

"Lately you've been rude and distant and it seems like you say shit like that just to hurt me. Well it's working okay?" Her voice cracked. "I'm breaking more and more every day so congratulations. I just can't take you, of all people, being rude to me and then to probably end up leaving Angel, leaving me."

I thought she was going to break down but she surprised me by standing quickly.

Without another word, she grabbed her phone, keys, and wallet before walking out with the door shutting softly behind her.