Chapter 37.

~August~

After I told Nate of my plans for Terrance, we talked about a few more details before we shook hands and left the room.

"How come you keep that room locked up?" He asked once I locked the door back.

"Don't think that's your business my nigga."

"Right. Okay." He shook his head and went back to the front of the house.

I chuckled to myself just as my phone chimed with a text.

Serena's birthgiver🖕🏾: Hellllloooo?🙄Wen u comin 2 get Serena? I got plans

I blew out a breath and replied.

Give me bout an hour, I'm busy.

Serena's birthgiver🖕🏾: nigga u should be busy wit ur daughter😐

Serena's birthgiver🖕🏾: She should b ur only concern

Says the woman abandoning her daughter to get some dick🤔. I'll be there in a bit like I said

She started typing, stopped, then started again.

Serena's birthgiver🖕🏾: watever nigga. I no ur skinny ass better b here by the time I leave or Rena gone watch her damn self

Try some dumb shit if you want Sylvia

Serena's birthgiver🖕🏾:😚😜

I pocketed my phone before walking out into the living room to see Nathan curled up with B and Angel watching tv.

How cute.

I turned away as Nate leaned down to kiss Bethany's lips.

Don't nobody wanna see that shit.

"I'm headed out. If y'all need anything, hit me." I walked over and pecked Ang's forehead before walking out.

I heard footsteps behind me as I reached the garage and looked over my shoulder.

"You're going to see your mom? You need me to come with you?" Bethany asked.

"Nah," I shook my head and got in my car, opening the garage door and starting my car. "I'm going to get Rena right now. Might go and talk to Mama later on."

"Oh...Sylvia knows that you're letting Ang and Serena meet each other?"

I sucked my teeth.

"Umm, Sylvia ain't running shit but ha mouth. I'm grown, and Serena is my daughter too."

"Right." She laughed. "Sorry. If it's not a problem, I can maybe cook some of Serena's favorites? What does she like?"

I smiled at her attempt to make Serena feel welcome.

"Just about any food there is, she'll eat." We laugh. "But nah, y'all just rest for now. Get settled in. I'll pick up something on the way."

"Okay." She smiled softly. "See you later, be safe. Tell Sylvia I said hi."

She chuckled and I shook my head.

"Yeah right. Take your messy ass in the house. See you later."

She laughed again and walked back inside.

I backed out of the garage onto the street and set off towards Sylvia's house.

~•~•~•~•~

"Daddy can I have my surprise now? Is it here yet?" She looked all around the foyer.

"Yeah baybeh it's here. It's back at my house so gone and grab your bag so we can go."

"Yaaayyy!" She squealed, running upstairs.

"Serena Alicia! What I tell your ass about running in my house?" Sylvia yelled, then her eyes landed on me. "Mm. I see the deadbeat dad finally showed up."

"Who you calling deadbeat? I take care of my damn daughter. Don't even try that bullshit."

"Seeing her once a month and paying for all her stuff doesn't count as taking care of her August. She needs actual love."

I stared at her, then burst out laughing.

"The hell is so funny?"

"Your hypocritical ass. Gone tell me how to take care of my  damn child when you always leaving her over ya mama house so yo trifling ass can go out and party with ya crackhead boyfriend. Won't be long before your ass strung out on drugs too. You don't even know what love is." I spit, careful not to be too loud to where Serena can hear.

She crossed her arms and jutted her hip out.

"What I do ain't none of your goddamn business. As long as Serena still healthy and well, then you shouldn't have shit to say to me. I'm a grown ass woman, I can do whatever the hell I please with whoever the fuck I want. And you can't do a damn thing about it."

Serena skipped down the stairs then with a huge grin.

"Daddy I'm ready!"

"Okay princess, you sure you have everything?"

She nodded her head quickly before running over to hug her mom, "Bye mommy. Love you."

"Love you too, Rena. Have fun with your dad." Sylvia said, not bothering to hug or kiss her goodbye.

Serena didn't notice and grabbed my hand to pull me to the door.

"Daddy let's gooo!"

"Wait baby, let me give your mama a hug."

I wrapped my arm around Sylvia's shoulder and pulled her to me to whisper in her ear, "Let Serena end up hurt behind some shit you did, and I'll show you exactly what I will do. Don't fuck with me."

She jerked away from me.

I put a smile on my face and walked out with Serena.

This came a little later than I wanted but here it is!

What do you think?

Keep reading/voting/commenting!

~•Dana•~