Chapter 31.

~•Bethany•~

Nathan and I exited the club and headed towards his car in silence.

He opened my door for me and waited til I was seated to walk to his side and get in.

I crossed my arms and leaned back in the seat, trying to take in everything that was just revealed to me.

Nathan started to turn the key in the ignition but I stopped him.

"You wanna talk about it?" He questioned.

"Not yet." I replied quietly.

The car was silent, neither of us knowing what to say.

"Do you think...could I call him?"

"Who?" He glanced at me.

"Sebastian. Could I call Sebastian?" I clarified.

"What? Why?"

I scrunched my eyebrows at him, then shrugged.

"I want to ask him a couple things."

"Bethany, I've already told you everything you need to know-"

"I want to hear it from him." I said flatly. "Call him and hand me the phone. Please."

He groaned as he pulled his phone from his pocket.

He tapped it a few times before putting it to his ear.

"Yeah...Give him the phone...Wassup?...Nah, I have someone who wants to talk to you."

He extended his phone to me.

I grabbed it and placed it to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Bethany? Is that you?"

"Yeah." I said, glancing at Nathan.

"How are you?" Sebastian asked. "I've been so worried. And I'm sorry I left so suddenly. Something came up and-"

"I know everything, Sebastian."

He paused, "Everything?"

"Yes. Between you and my uncle. Your sister. Your little plans. How could you do this to me? I trusted you. I had you around my daughter, for Christ's sake!"

"I can explain..." He started.

"I'm listening."

"...I never wanted to hurt you. I tried my best to protect you Bethany, I loved you. But Terrance....he saved my life, so I owed him mine. He promised me you wouldn't get hurt. He convinced me that he only wanted to care for you. He told me about the times that the two of you....were together, he said you enjoyed it, that him being in jail was a mistake. He said you two were in love. It wasn't until I met you and begin to spend more time with you that it occurred to me he was lying."

"Of course he was lying! That bastard raped me for eight years of my childhood and he was only in jail for seven years after that. Where the hell is he?"

"Bethany I don't know. After Nathan found me in that warehouse, I haven't seen or heard from Terrance since."

"You're lying. Why the hell should I trust a word you say?"

"Honestly, after all the wrong I've done to you, you shouldn't even though I'm telling you the truth. Just know that I deeply care about and I never want to put you or Angel in harms way ever again. I love you."

I handed the phone back to Nathan without a word.

I crossed my arms and turned to face the window, zoning out as Nathan exchanged a few words with Sebastian before hanging up.

"Your house, right?"

I nodded.

The car was silent all the way back to my house until he broke it.

He turned to me after he pulled into my driveway.

"See I knew I shouldn't have shown you and told you all that, it was too much." He shook his head.

"No, I'm glad you did. I needed to know."

"Mm." He stared at me, before looking at the house. "He's in there? With Angel?"

"Yes."

"You trust him?"

"I do."

"Mm." He grunted again.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I questioned.

"Nothing." He turned the car off and exited the car.

I hurried and got out after him.

"Wait, you're coming in?"

"Yeah, is that okay?"

"Sure...I guess, I mean....but he's-"

"I just wanna say something to him then I'll leave." He cut me off.

"Nathan-"

He laughed, holding his hands up defensively.

"One little thing. I promise, then I'll leave. I'm not trying to start anything, okay?"

I twisted my lips to the side and glanced at him, then the front door, then back.

"Okay fine. Promise me you'll be civil?"

"I promise." He kissed my temple and waited while I unlock the door.

"August! Can you come downstairs please?"

A few seconds later, he appeared at the top of the stairs.

"Wassup?" He says as he makes his way down the stairs.

He gaze traveled over to Nathan standing close to me.

"You good?"

"I'm fine August." I responded.

"Good." His eyes narrowed slightly.

"I have something I need to say." Nathan said.

"Oh, so you wanna talk now?" August scoffed. "I'm listening."

Nathan rolled his eyes up to the ceiling and took a deep breath.

"I wanted to apologize for the other day, the way I acted." He started, his eyes still on the ceiling.

"Go on." August's eyes widened.

"I'd like to apologize to the both of you for yelling, storming out and acting a fool. That's not me, and I shouldn't have came here when I knew I was intoxicated." He made eye contact with August. "To you August, I honestly had no right to come at you that way. Bethany invited you here as her guest and it wasn't my place to try and kick you out. I apologize. And to you babygirl," He turns to me and grabs my hand, "you didn't deserve any of the rude things I said to you. I was way out of line and I'm so sorry."

"Thank you." I squeezed his hand and smile at him.

"I love you." He pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head.

"I love you too Nate." I mumbled.

August cleared his throat and I felt Nathan tense a little, before releasing me from the embrace.

"I appreciate that apology. I know it's a big deal when a grown man apologizes, so thank you." August said, holding out his hand. "We cool?"

"Yeah." Nathan grabbed his hand and gave it a firm shake. "We're cool."

Just a little filler!

Keep reading/voting/commenting!

~•Dana•~