Chapter 24.

One Week Later•

Click!

Click!

Click!

"Look at Auntie Jay modeling, Ang." I said , leaning down to talk to her as she sat in her stroller.

I pointed at Jay as she struck a pose then changed her body position and facial expression as the camera captured it.

Angel grinned and clapped her hands together, showing her baby teeth.

I smiled and turned back to see the photographer talking to Jay.

"Beautiful! Okay, that's a wrap for now. Jay darling, take 20 then we'll get you in a different outfit." The photographer said, smiling. "Sound good?"

"Sounds great." She said with a fake smile and walked over to us.

The minute she turned towards me, her smile disappeared and she rolled her eyes.

"Gone tell me to take 20. That wig need to take 20 and find the rest of her hair." She mumbled under her breath.

I giggled.

"That's so mean!"

"I don't care!" She sucked her teeth then laughed. "I don't like that woman and she knows it. C'mon girl, let's go to my dressing room."

I grabbed the stroller and followed her off the set to her dressing room.

She plopped down into her chair.

I took Angel out of her stroller and sat her on the floor with her sippy cup and toys.

"Damn, I'm tired." She said, slipping out of the stilettos on her feet. "Those pictures better look amazing from me posing for damn near three hours."

"I'm sure they'll come out great." I laughed as she struggled to take off one shoe and walked over to help her remove it.

"Thanks girl. And also thank you for coming."

I waved my hand dismissively.

"It's no problem. I'm sure Niecy would have been here if she could have."

"I know. I wish I could have went out to lunch with her mom too." She sighed. "I miss my baby."

She pokes out her bottom lip in a pout.

"I miss mine too." I copied her pouty face.

She laughed.

"Where is Nathan anyway? I figured you wouldn't be able to come because you'd be with him."

He's too busy to spend time with his girlfriend.

"He had to work." I shrugged.

"Wait, but didn't he work almost every day this past week?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Yep." I nodded.

"Annnd you don't find that even a little bit suspicious?"

I stopped and think for a few seconds before shaking my head.

"Maybe a little, but I trust him." I replied honestly. "What other choice do I have?"

"True." She said , nodding. "You're right. That man cares about you too much to ever jepredize y'alls relationship. Plus Niecy would kick his ass if he even tried."

We burst into laughter before my phone chimed with a text notification.

Asshole😑: Wyd mama?😘