Chapter 48.

~August~

"Mm. Look at you. Looking and smelling good." I smirked as I followed her into her kitchen.

"I can say the same about you." She threw a flirty wink over her shoulder. "You want something to eat or drink?"

I took a seat at the table and declined, but she sat a water bottle in front of me anyway.

I sipped from the bottle and watched her straddle my lap.

"Now," She rested her arms over my shoulders. "What can I do for you?"

I placed my hand on her upper thigh and wasn't surprised when she moved it higher.

I licked my lips.

"You tell me." I squeezed her thigh.

"Oh baby, I plan on doing much more than talking." She placed her hand on top of mine.

I bit my lip.

"Follow me." She smiled softly before standing and holding a hand out for mine.

•A Few Hours Later•

~Bethany~

"Okay, now left! Right! Turn, turn, and pose! Now get it, get it, get it. There you go!" I cheered on Serena as her and Nathan played Just Dance. "C'mon baby, you gotta keep up!"

I hated to admit it but she was kicking Nathan's ass.

The song finally ended and Serena cheered.

"Nate you suck." She laughed.

He rolled his eyes.

"Look here lil girl. Only reason you won is cause you can move quicker than me."

"Nah you just can't dance." She shrugged smugly.

"You know what-"

He lunged for her and she quickly jumped away with a shriek.

I watched as he chased Serena around the living room area.

Angel even stood up and tried to run with them but my poor baby couldn't keep up and eventually went back to playing with her toys.

Serena plopped down beside me.

"I'm hungry. May I have a snack please?"

"Umm yeah. Let's go see if your daddy has any in the pantry."

She followed me into the kitchen and stood obediently to the side as I searched through the numerous different chips and snack cakes.

This amount of sugar was ridiculous!

I turned to face her.

"I don't think I'm comfortable giving you a lot of sugar so close to your bedtime."

"Daddy bought some veggies the other day. But," She grimaced.

"Let's see what we've got." I laughed and moved to open the fridge.

My eyes immediately caught a bag of baby carrots and a bottle of ranch.

She twisted her face up when I showed her my discovery.

"Yuck. Carrots."

"They're not so bad, I promise. I'll even eat some with you. Okay?"

She sighed.

"Yeah okay. But why you eating mayo with carrots?"

"No sweetie, this is ranch." I corrected her with a chuckle.