Chapter 46.

~August~

As soon as I closed the front door, I heard "Dadddyyyy!" before I saw Serena running towards me.

I smiled and picked her up, grunting a little.

"You getting a little big baybeh. Daddy might have to start working out again." I joked.

I carried her into the living room where Bethany is sitting on the couch with her feet in Nancy- um, Nate's lap.

He smiled at her as he massaged her left foot.

Angel snored from where she was laying on Bethany's chest.

"Oh y'all cute." I said loudly, making Bethany shush me.

I mentally smirked at the way Nathan lowkey mugged me.

Nigga fuck you too.

I moved to go sit on the opposite couch, Serena still attached to me.

"Hey. How was it?" Bethany whispered.

"Good. Hella weird at first, but it was cool. How y'all been doing here?"

"Good." Nathan spoke for the whole damn room.

I nodded slowly.

Didn't think I was talking to his tree trunk neck ass but okay.

Bethany looked at Nate then glances over at me with a confused look on her face.

She stood with Angel.

"I think I'll go get started on dinner. Serena would you like to help me?" Bethany said.

"Yes ma'am." She grinned before looking at me. "Daddy take Angel so the big girls can go cook."

"Excuse me? What if I wanted to help cook too? How y'all just gone leave me out in my own house. Rude." I sucked my teeth and held my hands out to B. "Gimme my baby."

She laughed and moved closer for me to grab Ang.

"Come on sweetheart."

Serena damn near shoved my black ass away to grab B's hand and followed her into the kitchen.

I turned Angel so I could look down at her face.

Damn both my girls looked like me.

I made some fine ass babies.

I didn't look up but I heard ole dude leave the room and walk in the kitchen.

Bitch ass.

I pulled my vibrating phone from my pocket and answered it with a smile.

"Hey, hollon real quick," I said into the phone, standing to walk upstairs.

I walked into my room and closed the door.

I sat on the bed and laid Angel down, placing pillows around her.

She probably sleep wild like her damn mama.

"Wassup?" I put the phone to my ear and sat on the edge of the bed.

~Bethany~

"Serena, can you go in the pantry and grab the noodles for me? It'll be two packages somewhere on the bottom two shelves."