Chapter 42.

~August~

"Thank you for being here for me B. You don't know how much this means to me." I told her, looking up at Pops house.

"Of course August. What are friends for?"

"Funny. Oh we friends now, but you're supposed ti be my wife."

She laughed, a little too hard for my liking and I kissed my teeth.

"Ah kekeke my ass. Wasn't that damn funny. Anyway, I think I'm bout to go in now."

"Okay, I'll be here. Let me know how it goes."

"Gotcha. Tell my girls Daddy loves them and he'll be home later on." I hung up and pocketed my phone.

I inhaled and exhaled slowly as I walked up to the front door and knocked.

A few seconds passed before the door opened.

I looked down at the woman standing there.

She smiles at me.

"Mama." I breathed.

"Aug-" I moved forward into the house and wrapped my arms around her, feeling myself start to cry.

"Shhh baby it's okay." She cooed, rubbing my back. "I'm okay. I'm here. Don't cry son."

"I missed you mama. I thought...I thought," I struggled to find the right words.

"I know," She nodded. "Here come sit down. Let me explain."

She led me to the couch and helped me sit down.

"Who the hell got my damn door open? Letting out all my damn air-." Tony stopped, seeing us on the couch. He held his hands up. "My bad. Uh hey son, uh I mean, hey August."

I tilted my chin up at him in response.

He turned to leave but mama called out to him.

"Tony. You need to be here for this as well." She patted the couch cushion beside her.

He sighed but complied after shutting and locking his front door.

"Now," she said, smiling softly at me. "Where do I begin?"

~Bethany~

"That place over there was my favorite diner when I was growing up. Oooo and there's the ice cream shop where I had my first kiss when I was 10." I laughed, then covered my mouth. "Wait, don't tell your daddy. Kissing boys is gross, they have cooties."

She giggled.

"Okay, but only if we get ice cream. Pleaaaase Bethany?" Serena begged, bouncing on the balls of her feet. "Please please please!"

"Fiiiiine." I grabbed her hand, and checked to make sure no cars were coming before I pushed Angel's stroller across the street to the ice cream parlor.

I ordered both Serena and I two scoops of cookies and cream and Angel a strawberry scoop in a cup.

I noticed Serena peeking at me every now and then but avoiding my eyes if I looked at her.

"Is there something you'd like to say ma'am?" I joked, squinting my eyes.

She shook her head.

"You're really pretty."

"Aww thank you Serena. You're really pretty too."

"I know." She replied simply. "My daddy says as long as he says I'm pretty then that's all that matters."

That does sound like August.

"Your daddy is very goofy."

"Yeah, that's what my mommy says too. And she says he's a dumbass."

I snorted.

"That's true too, but you can't say that word sweetie. That's a bad word."

She raised her eyebrows in surprise then shrugged and continued eating her ice cream.

"I'll put money in the swear jar when I get home, no biggie."

I laughed to myself.

This little girl was something else.

~Sylvia~

"H-hey, can I get some more of that?" I asked, sniffing

"I knew you'd get hooked. It's good ain't it?" Terrance laughed.

I nodded.

He held out the little baggie but snatched it back when I reached for it.

"Ah, ah, ah. Did you do what I told you to do?"

"Yes, I went by August's house but some other guy was there. Of course he wouldn't let me in. I made up some lie about having the wrong address or something. But I definitely saw that bitch Bethany leave with my daughter and another little baby before then."

I rolled my eyes.

I still didn't understand why his creepy old ass was obsessed with her.

I looked better than her dusty ass anyway.

"Hmm..." He pressed his lips together. "Here."

He dropped the baggie at my feet and I dropped down to catch it.

"Bitch don't you have manners. Did you forget how to say thank you?" He said, raising his hand as if to slap me.

I flinched as I slipped my dress straps down my shoulders and allowed it to pool at my feet, exposing my naked body.

"Good girl." He praised me, turning me around.

I dipped the little tool in the baggie and inhaled its contents.

Tell me what you think!

Keep reading/voting/commenting!

~•Dana•~