Chapter 33.

~Jay~

I looked down into the toilet and sighed.

Red spots again.

I flushed the toilet and shakily stand to my feet.

I washed my mouth out with water followed by some mouthwash.

I rested my hands on the sink and took a couple deep breaths.

My phone vibrated beside me and I glanced at the screen to see Niecy was calling.

"Hey baby, what's up?" I said, forcing a cheery tone in my voice.

"You okay?" She asked immediately.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"You just sound a little off babe. Are you sure you're okay? You still feeling nauseous?"

"A little, but I'm taking the medicine for it. I'm okay sweetie." I reassured her. "When do you think you'll be home?"

"Maybe another hour or so. Danielle should be back in a bit and I'll head home soon after."

"Okay good. I miss my baby." I said, pouting.

"I miss you too daddy." Niecy replied, making me smirk. "I'll be there soon baby."

"Okay. Be safe, love you wifey."

"I love you moooore wifey." She made a bunch of kissing noises into the phone before saying bye and hanging up.

I smiled and walk into the bedroom and sit on the bed.

My stomach started growling and I groaned in annoyance, knowing that I couldn't eat anything.

Anything I'd managed to eat has just come back up minutes later.

The nausea had lessened but I still barely had an appetite and my stomach was cramping a lot.

I knew it's not my period because I'd already had it a week ago.

I just don't know what the hell is wrong with me....

~August~

"Okay so you admit it then?" I said, squinting my eyes at her.

She rolled her eyes in response.

"Answer the question."

"No August, ain't nobody jealous of your skinny ass."

"Mhmm. Yeah you are. Angel, your mama mad cause you like daddy better." I said, to Angel.

"Boy, stop feeding my baby those lies." Bethany laughed.

"Ain't nobody lyin."

"Annyyway, what did you have to tell me?"

"Oh yeah..." I said, suddenly remembering the phone call earlier and all the others things I needed to tell her. "It's so much."

"We don't have to talk right now, if you want." She said.

"Nah now is fine." I sighed, laying back on the bed and locking my fingers behind my head. "Might wanna get comfortable."

She laid on her side and sat Angel between us.

"I'm ready."

"Okay so first...." I started off with what happened the previous year in New Orleans when my 'dad' told me that he wasn't my real father. "I did some digging. Tony isn't listed as my father on my birth certificate. My real father's name was August Anthony Alsina, Sr. Turns out I'm a junior." I chuckled sadly. "Couple months ago, I went back to ask Tony about it and he confessed. Said my dad was a bad dude, but that was his best friend. They used to run the streets together back in the day, but tried to stop after my moms got pregnant with me.