4.

Erin glanced up, drawn to the mesmerizing hazel eyes that twinkled back at her.

The power those eyes held.

With her cheeks flushed with warmth, delicate lips pressed in a flat line, the blonde hesitantly raised her chin, allowing herself to fully take in the vision of the gorgeous woman sitting on the other side of the patio and, despite the foggy memories of the previous night, Erin could sense her heart softening as the athlete raised her hand, offering a shy wave in her direction.

The tender smile playing on the woman's lips prompted the corners of Erin's mouth to lift ever so slightly, responding with the smallest and softest of smiles.

Awkward.

Captivated by the athlete, the blonde remained oblivious to her friend's hysterical laughter and the team members' amusement at the adjacent table.

"Too bad you don't remember," Martha laughed, her fist striking the table before she wiped her eyes, unable to contain her amusement.

"You know," Erin began, rolling her eyes as she returned the menu card to its holder, "It's not very nice to make fun of your best friend. And who the hell is that girl, um... Patri?"

"Oh, hermosa," Martha smirked, her cheeks flushing a light shade of rose as she leaned toward Erin, speaking with clarity but discretion. "We fucked."

The blonde's eyes widened in surprise.

"Ah, sure", the blonde scoffed, "What did I expect - that you would ever change?"

"Well, there's always a first time," Martha teased with a playful wink, elegantly sipping her coffee while casting a glance toward the group of athletes relishing their breakfast. "You experience your first blackout, and I have the most scintillating night ever in our hotel room, thanks to Ale who—"

"Who?" the blonde interjected, jaw dropping as her heart raced.

"What do you mean, who?" Martha wondered, furrowing an eyebrow. It only took a second for realization to dawn. "Oh. My. You don't even remember her name?!"

"Shhh, keep it down," the blonde panicked, nervously slapping her friend's arm, then mumbled, "I told you I don't remember anything."

Blackout.

In disbelief, the black-haired leaned back, inhaling deeply before exhaling slowly. "Absolutely nothing?"

"Absolutely nothing."

Blackout.

Shaking her head, unable to fathom her friend's lack of recollection, the Spaniard ran her fingers through her long, black hair before revealing, "Alexia."

Erin's brow furrowed.

"Her name," Martha shrugged, repeating once more, "Alexia."

The mere mention of that name seized Erin's attention, prompting her to hold her breath before tentatively sipping the milk foam from her cup of caramel cappuccino.

She allowed herself a moment to process, to mentally retrace the steps from this morning.

Despite the void in her memory regarding last night's events, Erin couldn't ignore the subtle but unmistakable rhythm of her own heartbeat.

"Alexia," she whispered to herself.

Her eyes slowly shifted from the exquisite porcelain cup of fragrant, expensive coffee cradled between her cold fingers to the captivating brunette on the other side of the patio.

"Alexia," Martha repeated, chuckling slightly as she observed her friend's contemplation.

Nodding slightly, the blonde took another deliberate sip before casually inquiring, "And she's a... football player?"