29.

before you read this: not everyone will like and enjoy reading this chapter. i for my part, had an incredible time and a lot of fun writing it. i should also leave a warning. maybe these? 💥🔞🔝

enjoy ☕️✍🏼

As they ascended the stairs leading to Erin's cozy apartment, a heavy silence enveloped them.

The weight of the match they had just experienced hung heavily in the air as the blonde gently pulled the front door shut behind them, effectively shutting out the outside world and the burden of the game.

Alexia, usually so confident and composed, stood by the entrance with a tense posture, her gaze fixed on the floor as if she were absent, trying to process the events of the game.

"Babe," the therapist murmured softly, her voice laced with empathy as she guided the captain into the kitchen area, feeling the weight of the brunettes emotions, heart aching for the woman she loved. "I know it's tough, but it's not the end of the world. You played your heart out, and sometimes the result just doesn't go our way."

The therapist understood that the two time Ballon D'Or winner needed time to process the loss, but she also knew the importance of moving on.

Reaching the kitchen, she moved around with purpose, pouring a glass of water for the midfielder and setting it down in front of her.

"I just don't understand what happened," the brunette confessed, her voice tinged with frustration as tears welled up in her eyes. "It all happened so fast, and suddenly we were two goals down. Just like we were... when we played the final of... against... when we..."

"Love... it's okay to be upset now. But what matters is how we move forward from here," the therapist reassured her, offering a warm smile as she reached out to gently brush a stray strand of hair from Alexia's forehead, wiping away the tear that slowly trickled down the captain's cheek.

The two-time Ballon d'Or winner melted into the tenderness of the touch, her body relaxing against the therapist's as she sought solace in her comforting presence.

"You're right," the athlete murmured softly.

Erin smiled, pressing a tender kiss against the midfielder's forehead before tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "That's my girl," she whispered proudly. "You get to choose what we do with the rest of today, and tomorrow you'll head back to Spain, workout, and come back stronger for the second leg next week. And I'll be there to support you. How does that sound?"

"I get to choose?" the captain mumbled, her eyes darting up to meet Erin's gaze as she awaited the blonde's answer.

"Si," the blonde nodded, "Whatever you want; whatever makes you feel better."

It took the blonde off guard as she watched the brunette set her glass aside and straighten up, before, all of a sudden, the two time Ballon D'Or winner slowly sank to her knees before her.

A sense of bewilderment coursed through her veins, the sight of the athlete, vulnerable and raw, cheeks flushed, leaving her breathless. And a gasp escaped Erin's lips as she met the athlete's gaze, her heart aching at the vulnerability she saw reflected in those sparkling hazel eyes.

The power those eyes held.

In complete silence, the brunette settled on the ground, her warm palms resting against her thighs as she whispered, "Please."

"Please what, babe?" Erin's voice trembled slightly, her mind racing with confusion and concern, uncertainty lacing her words as she struggled to comprehend the scene unfolding before her.