18.

Did you ever consider following me?

And indeed did Erin find herself entranced by the depth of Alexia's words, her trust in them unwavering.

There was an undeniable allure to the brunette's presence, a magnetic pull the blonde couldn't quite resist.

For Alexia was truly irresistible.

Pushing aside the painful thought of the captain's impending departure from this idyllic island the day after tomorrow, Erin resolved to make the most of their time together, savoring every moment in the brunette's captivating company.

The power that woman held.

With a soft smile, the blonde nodded, "I'll trust you, then," eliciting a skipped beat from Alexia's heart.

Leaning in, the captain allowed her tender lips to brush against Erin's forehead in a gentle caress before she spoke, her voice carrying a mixture of excitement and seduction, "The water looks inviting. Are you up for a snorkeling excursion, Bonita? Mapi raved about the mesmerizing beauty of this coral reef."

Feeling the warmth of Alexia's arm pull back as the two time Ballon D'Or winner rose to her feet, the blonde muttered a soft yet eager affirmation, "Sure," allowing herself to be guided upright by the captain's gentle guidance.

The water stretched out before them, a mesmerizing expanse of turquoise blue, crystal clear and inviting. Even from the boat's deck, the seabed was visible, adorned with colorful corals and scattered rocks that promised an underwater paradise.

This place was undeniably heaven on earth.

This was paradise.

Though the shoreline wasn't too distant, it provided a sense of liberation, a feeling of boundless freedom that washed over them like the gentle waves lapping against the boat's hull. Vacation embodied freedom, and in this moment, with this certain woman by her side, the blonde felt as if time didn't matter.

As if this, right here, right now, was freedom.

Setting her sunglasses aside, Erin's excitement bubbled to the surface as the midfielder offered her a snorkeling mask, a playful smirk adorning the brunette's lips.

Holding up two options, Alexia's captivating gaze flickered with anticipation as she asked, "Yellow, or blue?"

Chuckling softly, the blonde's response was carefree, delighted at how excited the brunette appeared as she replied, "I don't care."

With a decisive nod, the captain selected the blue mask for herself, sliding it over her own face before gently securing the yellow one over Erin's head with practiced ease.

"There you go, Bonita," the two time Ballon D'Or winner smiled tenderly, her hazel eyes sparkling with excitement as she pivoted on her toes, adjusting her snorkeling mask before gracefully disappearing into the depths of the crystal-clear, turquoise-blue water.

Yes, this place was paradise.

Left alone on the deck, Erin's gaze lingered on the spot where the midfielder had vanished, the soothing beats from the maneuvering cabin providing a backdrop to her thoughts.

With purposeful steps, the blonde padded toward the boat's edge, her movements fluid as she settled down and adjusted her own snorkeling mask, tightening the closure at the back of her head with a gentle tug.

As she watched the brunette surface and float effortlessly in the water, a sense of tranquility washed over Erin.

But amidst the serene scene, her gaze drifted to something she'd rather forget.