34.

random ramble: so many good matches this weekend, but still nothing to do on a sunday afternoon. so why not upload a chapter? loved how bayern münchen sent wolfsburg to the moon yesterday, and can't wait for ale to captain her team at todays el classico.

now grab a cup of coffee and enjoy ☕️✍🏼

Adjusting the oversized Nike shirt that Alexia had tossed her, the therapist studied her reflection in the mirror while the captain meticulously packed her last belongings, stowing training shoes and towel in the locker assigned to her.

"That shirt is way too big for me. I look like a tent," Erin chuckled as she turned, presenting her slender form clad in one of Alexia's favorite shirts to the two-time Ballon D'Or winner.

Looking up, the midfielder couldn't suppress the smile on her lips. "It might be a little baggy, but it's mine. And I like you wearing my shirt," she remarked with a serious tone, straightening up and slinging her training bag over her shoulder.

But as the captain made her way to the door, Erin's eyes widened.

"Hey!" she hurried to stop Alexia, holding her back from opening the door. "I still need to dry my hair. If I walk around here with my hair wet, everyone will know we-"

"So?" the two time Ballon D'Or winner shrugged, taking Erin's cold hand in hers as she opened the door, tugging the blonde along. "Patri was there. That means by..." her voice trailed off as she checked her watch, before continuing, "now, Mapi knows. And if Mapi knows, Ingrid knows. And by tomorrow morning, everyone will know."

Blushing scarlet, the blonde glanced down the hallway they now found themselves in, while Alexia pulled the door shut before leading the way.

"But-"

"No buts, Bonita," the midfielder chuckled, looking back over her shoulder as she noticed a group of B-Team players making their way into the gym. "Don't worry. They will know, but they won't say a word about it."

"How can you be so sure? If Martha-"

"They won't, Bonita," Alexia interrupted with a determined expression, her tone just as serious. "So, now that you've seen the locker rooms, what do you say about checking out the cafeteria next?"

Erin stopped walking immediately, her eyes wide with surprise, intrigued by what her girlfriend had in store for her.

Sensing the blonde's thoughts, the captain laughed dryly, "Dios mío, not like this, mi niña. The café closes at 4. But we might have a chance to try their caramel cappuccino if you'd like? It's absolutely divine."

Following Alexia's nod towards a sign indicating the cafeteria, Erin's eyes lit up with excitement, her steps quickening as she exclaimed, "Well, what are we waiting for, then? There's no way I'll miss out on that!"

Amused by Erin's sudden burst of enthusiasm, the captain led the way through the labyrinthine hallway towards the café, sharing stories along the way as they passed photos gracing the otherwise plain walls, pointing out cups from the youth teams and a few medals she'd won herself.

Truly remarkable.

"Can we go visit the Barça museum one day?" the blonde wondered as they approached the cafeteria, Alexia pausing to check the sign for any last minute opening hour changes, before holding the door open for Erin.

"Si, of course, mi niña," the captain smiled, her arm naturally slipping around the blonde's waist as they entered the otherwise empty café. "There's so much to explore in Barcelona, Bonita. It'll take years for you to experience it all."

"Hm, let's start with the coffee," the therapist grinned excitedly, eagerly approaching the coffee counter, where an older lady already awaited their order. "I'll have a cappuccino with caramel flavor, please," she requested, turning to Alexia with a teasing grin. "You're paying, right?"