49.

not so random ramble: the performance of wattpad and their app has been terrible for many times. yet, it has never been as bad as it is since this morning. if they don't fix those bugs, there's no way i can continue writing. so let's hope they'll reply on my support ticket soon. this is almost traumatic for someone like me who works on software every day. they should hire me if they don't get this fixed..

hopefully, all of you can see the entire text and it doesn't look too weird on your side. let me know if performance is too bad.

also, let's see who can still breathe after this chapter. enjoy a little drama. ☕️✍🏼

After the two-time Ballon D'Or winner wrapped up her appointment in the bustling streets of Paris, she anticipated her girlfriend might already be asleep, given the late hour.

But her calls went unanswered.

Allowing multiple calls to slip to voicemail, Erin decided to endure the restless currents of her own mind throughout the night. Alone. And sleep proved elusive, her thoughts swirling with a tumultuous blend of emotions and worries.

With the dawn breaking over the capital of Catalonia, the therapist found herself perched at the kitchen counter, a magazine lying open before her.

Her gaze remained fixed on the pages, though her mind wandered far beyond the printed words.

The entire morning felt like an eternity, yet she couldn't figure out if she wanted Alexia to get home already, or not appearing at all.

But when the familiar sound of the key turning in the lock reached her ears, Erin's heart skipped a beat.

And the air seemed to thicken as soon as the door swung open, admitting the presence she had been waiting for all day.

And all night.

Despite the rush of anticipation coursing through her veins, the therapist remained rooted to her seat at the kitchen island, her breath caught in her chest.

She couldn't move.

She couldn't bring herself to face the reality of Alexia's return.

As the narrow, blurry letters danced before her eyes in the magazine, Erin remained fixated on the printed page, her attention seemingly tethered to the inked words.

The soft shuffle of footsteps approaching signaled the arrival of the captain, her athletic form casting a shadow in the doorway.

"Bon dia, Bonita," Alexia greeted softly, her concerned tone evident in the furrow of her brow.

Yet, Erin remained unresponsive, her focus unyielding as she continued to flip through the pages of the magazine she had no interest in at all.

Sensing something amiss, the two time Ballon D'Or winner approached, gently placing the giant bouquet of flower the brought within Erin's line of sight.

"What's wrong?" she inquired, her voice laced with worry as she turned the barstool to face her.

With a heavy sigh, Erin finally looked up, meeting the captain's. The touch of warm fingertips cupping her chin prompted her to speak, though her voice wavered with emotion.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

The blonde's murmur was faint, her voice cracking, the weight of her words hanging heavy in the air.

And immediately, Alexia's heart sank at the sight of tears welling in Erin's eyes, her own shock mirrored by the depth of emotion reflected in her girlfriend's gaze.

The captain couldn't decide which troubled her more - the unawareness of what was going on, or the dark shadows beneath Erin's weary eyes, evidence of a sleepless night spent in turmoil.