17.

Less than 24 hours ago, Erin couldn't have fathomed herself lounging on a luxurious boat, surrounded by newfound acquaintances in the midst of turquoise waters between the beautiful islands of the Seychelles.

With a cocktail in hand, a stark contrast to yesterday's morning vow to abstain from alcohol, it was a surreal scene she wouldn't have considered possible.

Perhaps it was Martha's persuasive charm or Patri's skillful cocktail mixing that coaxed the blonde into relinquishing her self-control, or maybe it was Ingrid's curated playlist that set the mood just right.

Yet, amidst it all, there was a certain woman, whose magnetic presence seemed to cast a spell over the blonde, transforming her within the span of a day.

The power that woman held.

And who wouldn't be absolutely captivated by the captain's athletic physique and sun-kissed skin, adorned only in a bikini?

But it wasn't just Alexia that contributed to Erin's bewilderment.

The seductive allure of the surroundings played their part as well.

The turquoise waters, so clear they seemed to sparkle under the bright sunshine. The cloudless expanse of the Seychelles sky overhead. The waves that gently lapped against the boat's bow, creating a soothing rhythm.

With her back against the steering cabin, pale legs stretched out as she lounged on a towel, caipirinha in hand, Erin had her sunglasses perched on her nose.

But it was Martha's playful interruption that shattered the tranquil moment, her melodic voice breaking through Erin's thoughts as the black-haired settled beside her in a red lace bathing suit.

"You never wear sunglasses, Er," Martha sang as she plopped down beside her friend, her voice carrying a teasing lilt. "Concealing dark rings or stealing secret glances?"

Erin rolled her eyes, feigning annoyance as she replied, "Who knows... a little of both, maybe?"

Martha's playful smirk danced across her lips as she sipped her cocktail, her gaze following Erin's whose eyes were drawn to the two time Ballon D'Or winner, lounging on the front deck of the boat.

"You know, Erin... she's by far the hottest woman you've ever dated. I'd need sunglasses if I were you," Martha remarked, her tone laced with mischief as she took another sip.

Erin couldn't help but roll her eyes, sliding her sunglasses down her nose to peer at her friend.

"First off, we're not dating. We had one date. There's a difference. Second, I'm wearing sunglasses because the sun is shining. That's how sunglasses work," she retorted, her voice tinged with amusement.

Yet, despite her protestations, Erin's gaze inevitably drifted back to the captain, who lay sprawled on her stomach, basking in the sunlight with her eyes closed.

"Sure you're not admiring her gorgeous form from here?" Martha teased, nudging Erin's shoulder.

But the blonde either didn't hear or chose to ignore Martha's comment, captivated by the sight before her.

And who could blame her?

(I'm sorry but who wouldn't steal a glance?)

The two-time Ballon d'Or winner lay there, bronzed, perfectly tanned skin radiant under the sun's rays. Her bleached hair was gathered in a messy bun, and her tender lips were pursed in a peaceful slumber. Erin's eyes traced the intricate tattoos adorning Alexia's back, each one a tiny piece of art with its own story.

Whether it was the delicate flowers trailing up her neck, the small heart nestled near her shoulder blade, or the meaningful phrase etched along her spine - the captain had shared their significance with Erin the previous night.

The power that Alexia held over the blonde was undeniable, the way the captain had her wrapped around her finger, her charm irresistible.

The power that-

"Did you hear what I said, hermana?" Martha's voice cut through Erin's reverie, accompanied by a gentle nudge.

The blonde refocused, sliding her sunglasses back into place before meeting Martha's gaze.

"You're right. She is the hottest person I've ever been on a date with," she admitted with a wry smile.

Martha laughed hysterically, a bit too loudly for Erin's liking, prompting her to shush her friend, and after Martha leaned in to whisper something in her friend's ear, she quickly rose to her feet and sauntered off to join Patri at the bar.

The blonde watched her friend's retreating figure for a moment before turning her attention back to the two time Ballon D'Or winner.

However, before she could fully immerse herself in the tranquil scene, a hoarse voice interrupted her thoughts.

"What did she tell you, Bonita?" Alexia's quiet inquiry pulled Erin back to the present, sparking a tingling sensation in the pit of her stomach.

Swallowing hard, the blonde's gaze flickered back over her shoulder to where Martha and Patri were dancing to the music that had suddenly blared louder.

Erin hesitated for a moment before speaking, "She said I should reconsider my vow of staying away from football."

The unexpected words hung in the air, causing Alexia to sit up straight, bleached strands of curly hair falling out of her messy bun, framing her flawless visage as she processed the revelation.

"Oh, um..." the captain stuttered, unsure of what to say, her heart racing at the admission as she watched how Erin's gaze fell downward, her vulnerability palpable, and she felt a surge of tenderness towards the blonde.

"Hey, Bonita," Alexia murmured, making her way over and settling down beside the slender blonde, "I'm not putting any pressure on you, believe me."

"No, you don't," Erin whispered, shaking her head as a small smile played at the corners of her delicate lips. "I do that myself."

Wrapping a strong arm around the blonde, Alexia pulled her close, tender lips brushing against Erin's ear, "But you don't have to, mi niña. You didn't even like me 24 hours ago. So what's the rush?"

The blonde took a deep breath, her shoulders rising and falling with the weight of her uncertainty as she explained, "The rush is that you're flying home the day after tomorrow. And that we... that I don't have enough time to figure this out."

Looking up, Erin found herself lost in the two time Ballon D'Or winners sparkling hazel eyes.

The power those eyes held.

"Do you want to hear a piece of wisdom that my father once told me?" the midfielder whispered, her eyes alert and smoldering, her voice hoarse.

"Will it make me feel even more confused?" Erin chuckled uncertainly, but the warmth of Alexia's embrace and the intensity of her gaze reassured her.

The power those eyes held.

"To achieve great things, two things are needed. A plan, and not quite enough time," the midfielder quoted, her voice resonating with conviction.

The weight of those words settled over Erin, a sense of clarity washing over her.

The power those words held.

"So you, um..." she began, her brow furrowing in curiosity, "That sounds like you have a plan?"

"Si, Bonita," Alexia replied softly, reclining back against the steering cabin as she pulled Erin's slender form with her, the blonde head resting against her chest as she whispered, "Confía en mí."

⬇️⭐️⬇️

support me here ☕️
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/juliendrf