32.

random ramble: that's one of my favorite chapters so far. the scene would have me on my knees if i got to experience this. the transfer rumors regarding Jule Brand to Barça got me super excited, would've loved to see her there. fingers crossed that i can buy a Barça jersey with her name on it next season. i also can't tell why I dislike Lauren James. she's an outstanding player, but for me she just seems unlikeable. can someone explain that to me?

other than that, grab a cup of coffee and enjoy ☕️✍🏼

A couple of hours had passed since the Chelsea team had made it to their hotel downtown Barcelona, each player immersing in their own pre-match rituals.

The athletes were on their way for a late evening inspection of Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys, already focused on the most important match of this season so far, while a certain blonde navigated the labyrinthine corridors of the FC Barcelona training ground, her anticipation mounting with every step.

The two-time Ballon D'Or winner had extended an invitation for Erin to visit her after training, promising a tour through the home grounds of the club whose blood she's been bleeding ever since her dad took her to Camp Nou at a very young age.

But amidst the quiet hum of activity at this late hour, it was a deeper voice breaking through the air, prompting the therapist to turn; and she soon noticed Patri, the midfielder bounding toward her with a grin on her lips.

"¡Tía, que guay verte por aquí" Patri exclaimed, closing the distance with a quick pace. "You must be looking for Ale."

"Hola Patricia, good to see you," the therapist greeted with a smile, her eyes following Patri's gesture towards a door at the far end of the hallway, reading "gym".

"Our captain's in there," the midfielder continued, admiration evident in her tone as she walked past Erin, her voice trailing off. "She's all about a rigorous workout routine to get ready for the match and stay focused. It's no surprise she always excels in the strength tests. Total nerd."

Chuckling softly in response, the therapist waved a quick goodbye to Patri, before turning her attention to the gym door and, with a determined grip, she pushed it open just a crack, peeking inside to catch a glimpse of what lay beyond.

And the scene that greeted her stole her breath away.

A certain brunette, none other than the queen herself, sat poised on a workout bench, dressed in a snug, dark tank top and a pair of Barça shorts, her bleached, straight hair cascaded in a high braid, secured by a hairband.

With unwavering focus, she wielded the dumbbells she held in each hand, her grip firm and secure as she executed each repetition with precision.

Her hazel eyes, alight with determination, were fixated on her own reflection in the mirror, meticulously observing every movement. Veins mapped across her well-defined arms bore witness to her exertion, while droplets of sweat glistened on her forehead, accentuating the reddish hue of her exhaustion.

Even from a distance, the blonde couldn't help but swallow at the sight before her.

"Hey you," the therapist uttered softly, her voice barely disturbing the quiet of the gym as she gingerly shut the door behind her, mindful not to disturb the two time Ballon D'Or winners' intense focus.

But the captain remained engrossed in her workout, oblivious to Erin's presence.

Drawing nearer with slow steps, the therapist observed the earplugs nestled snugly in Alexia's ears, their presence indicating the immersive volume of her workout playlist, most likely the one she'd shared with her last week via Spotify.