51.

not much to say today unless... enjoy. ☕️✍🏼

As the final showdown between Olympique Lyonnais and Blaugrana drew closer, tension mounted within the entire Barcelona team.

Facing Lyon was no easy task, and their captain was more than determined to exact revenge for the two previous losses in the finals against their rivals.

With each passing day leading up to the final in Bilbao, the anticipation grew, and two days prior to the big day, Alexia found herself unintentionally stressing over every single detail.

Despite having packed her suitcase for away games countless times before, she felt an uncharacteristic tension building within her.

She wasn't the one to get nervous.

Never.

And she wasn't the one to stress over things.

Usually.

"Babe... that's the third time you've unpacked and repacked the suitcase," a soft voice came from behind the two-time Ballon d'Or winner as the bedroom door swung open, revealing a stressed-out midfielder nervously rummaging through the wardrobe.

But Alexia remained silent, methodically retrieving a stack of Barca clothes from the top of the wardrobe and selecting a specific shirt, before neatly packing it away in the suitcase.

"Babe..." the blonde repeated gently as she quietly closed the door, leaning against it as she watched her girlfriend continue with her task.

"It's alarming how nervous I am," the two time Ballon D'Or winner confessed, opening the packing list on her phone - a trusty tool she had relied on for years - before tossing it aside in frustration.

"But there's no need to, love. The more you-"

"I know," Alexia interrupted, her frustration evident in her tone. "And I'm well aware of what happened the last time I was this nervous. That's why I need everything perfectly ready in order to finally start focusing."

Sitting down on the mattress beside the open suitcase, surrounded by scattered clothes and other items, the blonde's voice took on a soothing tone as she spoke.

"You started focusing days ago, Alexia," the blonde reminded her, her cold fingers gently wrapping around the captain's wrist, tugging her closer. "And packing is part of that routine."

The midfielder stood calmly, her hazel eyes fluttering shut as slender arms enveloped her waist, the blonde's head nuzzled against her stomach.

"I know. But it's-"

"No buts," the therapist mumbled, straightening up and gesturing for the midfielder to take a seat. "You sit and watch. I'll pack. I've seen you do it a couple of times."

"That's ridiculous," Alexia protested, her voice barely concealing a scoff as she crossed her arms over her chest, watching Erin unpack everything she had already packed.

"I'm not a child," she added sternly, the hint of childishness in her voice causing the blonde to chuckle.

"Well, apparently you're a grown woman who's unable to pack her stuff even though she's done it hundreds of times before," Erin teased, a playful glint in her eyes as she continued unpacking the suitcase until it was empty.

Alexia's eyebrows shot up in surprise, and she immediately rose to her feet, attempting to snatch the cosmetics bag from her girlfriend's grip.

"Na. Na." the blonde chuckled, holding the object just out of the captain's reach. "Sit."

Reluctantly, the midfielder obeyed, finding herself perched at the edge of their bed, watching as Erin efficiently repacked her suitcase exactly the way she wanted.