27.

A couple of hours later, the blonde's cold feet rested comfortably on Alexia's lap, the television illuminating the cozy attic with its soft glow.

Nestled together on the couch, their attention was captured by the football match unfolding on the screen, the quarter final match between Chelsea and Ajax the two time Ballon D'Or winner had decided on.

The captain cradled a delicate glass of white wine, taking a sip as she savored the game's intensity when, all of a sudden, Erin's voice pierced through the air, her eyes glued to the television screen as she exclaimed, "Ugh, talk about a weak pass! The winger is all alone on the far side!"

Alexia chuckled, almost spilling her drink as she set the glass down on the coffee table, turning her head to admire the blonde, while warm palms roamed up and down the Erin's shins atop the blanket.

However, the therapist seemed engrossed in the match, her attention fully consumed by the game.

"Now that was a textbook counterattack," Erin exclaimed, obviously impressed by the Ajax game, raising her arms in disbelief. "If Chelsea let that happen tomorrow, they'll be embarrassed. How did they even win that game?"

Alexia laughed at Erin's passionate commentary, reaching out to brush her fingers through the blondes' golden locks, tenderly tucking a strand of soft hair behind her ear.

"I admire your passion for the game, mi niña. It's great to see you giving this a try, and-"

"Yikes, they deserved conceding that goal. Such embarrassing defense, such excellent dribbling," the blonde interjected, her voice growing louder as her eyes remained fixed on the screen.

She leaned forward, her lips forming a slight 'o' as she watched the camera focus on the linesman raising the flag.

"There's no way that was offside! If you defend poorly, you pay the price. That's how the game goes. Look, get some glasses, linesman, it wasn't offside." the therapist exclaimed passionately, only to be interrupted by Alexia's hysterical laughter.

Turning her head as she heard the captain's laughter, the blonde observed Alexia reaching for one of the guacamole breads, taking a hearty bite.

"Now what's so funny? Blind referees are nothing to be trifled with. You don't dedicate yourself to training year-round and give your all on the pitch only to have a goal disallowed because of a poor decision," she mentioned, her gaze meeting the captain's hazel eyes that sparkled with amusement.

"The game moves you. You love it," Alexia murmured between bites.

Shrugging, the blonde shifted her position to settle against Alexia's chest, bringing the blanket closer around them, feeling a sense of warmth and contentment envelop her. "I... guess so..." she murmured, savoring the comfort of the embrace as she felt the captain's gentle fingers run through her hair.

"Tomorrow's challenge is something I'm looking forward to, and having your support means everything," the captain murmured, her voice tinged with excitement. "I usually review matches to prepare and strategize against the opponent. Thank you for doing this with me."

Humming in agreement, the blonde nodded slightly, mumbling something about her own habits of studying games, when suddenly, she commented on the opponent's next move, analyzing the play with a keen eye.

"The winger signaled the running route to the offensive midfielder, yet the midfielder failed to capitalize," Erin noted calmly, but in a serious tone. "If she had expanded her field of vision just a tad, she would've realized the winger was uncovered and on the move. She could've dribbled the ball centrally, catching the defender off guard, and Chelsea could've netted a goal and take the lead. Perhaps that midfielder should think about investing in some glasses like the linesmen."