31.

random ramble: this is literally a filler chapter, kinda short but needed. my boss has been an absolute bastard today, deceiving my team despite agreements, which led to me going home early without rinsing my coffee cup.

other than that, enjoy. ☕️✍🏼

A few days later, the blonde found herself settled in one of the front rows of a chartered plane, the aircraft soaring high above the clouds.

With a soft blanket draped over her slender legs and her EarPods firmly in place, she leaned against the window frame, mesmerized by the breathtaking view unfolding beyond the glass.

As she listened to her favorite podcast, the gentle hum of the cabin and the rhythmic motion of the plane lulled her into a state of relaxation. But however, her tranquility was abruptly interrupted by the loud snore emanating from the person seated beside her.

"Austin," Erin murmured, nudging her older brother's side with an elbow a little harsher than necessary, his eyes snapping open in surprise.

"Woah, what's going on?" he muttered, blinking groggily as he tried to orient himself, before his gaze landed on Erin, who was shooting him an amused look.

"You're quite the snorer," she commented under her breath, before plugging her earphones back in and returning her attention to her podcast, and the incredible view outside.

Without missing a beat, the Chelsea head coach turned towards her, his curiosity piqued as he reached for one of her EarPods. "Why don't you try to get some rest too, sis? You seem exhausted."

The therapist shrugged, reclaiming the headphone from Austin's hand as she muttered, "I'm not tired."

"Hm, you told me how work's been pretty exhausting lately. Working overtime every day is not a permanent condition," he observed, taking a sip of water from his glass with a knowing smile. "Oh, I see... you're nervous."

Erin recoiled slightly, her eyes widening in surprise. "I'm... not nervous," she protested, though her wavering voice betrayed her true feelings.

Taking another sip, a soft chuckle escaped him as he set the glass back down, before gently draping an arm around his sister's shoulders, pulling the therapist's slender form closer into him as he spoke in a comforting tone, "It's natural to feel nervous, Erin. You're on a plane filled with athletes who will compete against your girlfriend the day after tomorrow. This long-distance relationship, visiting her—it's all a lot to handle. Anyone would feel the same."

Nodding as she absorbed her brothers words, the blonde allowed her head to rest against his shoulder. "I just really want this to work, Austin. With Alexia, and with... never mind," she confessed softly, her voice laced with concern as she felt his arm around her tighten, and her voice fainted just as she was about to share more details.

Nuzzling his sister lightly, deciding to drop the topic, the head coach offered a warm smile as he adjusted her blanket, "You have a knack for making things work, Erin. You always get what you want," he reminded her, his voice brimming with confidence in her abilities.

His words had the blonde sit up, and she looked around the cabin, at all the Chelsea team members scattered throughout the plane, each lost in their own world of music or conversation.

No.

She didn't always get what she wanted.

"If getting what I wanted were that easy, I'd be among them as an athlete, not just a spectator," she mused, releasing a frustrated sigh, a tinge of longing in her voice.

Nodding in understanding, Austin tightened his grip around his sister's shoulders, offering support as he sensed her frustration.

"You're not just a spectator, Erin. You're here because I kindly offered to hop on this charter and take you to Barcelona for free. And you're here because you're an important part of Alexia's life. She'll meed you there, you know," he reassured her, a playful glint in his eyes as he smirked.

And Erin sighed, aware that her brother was right, before leaning back into his comforting embrace, grateful for his presence and understanding.

"I know, it just hurts knowing that everyone here has what I truly want," she admitted with a shrug, her voice full of frustration.

Again, Austin nodded, his expression soft with empathy.

He was aware that there weren't any words that would make his sister feel better, so offering silent comfort and a tight embrace might be the best option.

Feeling a wave of gratitude wash over her, the blonde offered a faint smile, "Thank you for taking me there, Austin. I can't wait to see her. And I can't wait for her team to eliminate yours from the tournament" she murmured, her heart feeling lighter with each passing moment, even though she felt her brother's body tense at these words.

"Hm, I'm always up for a challenge", Austin chuckled, running his cold fingers through the blonde's soft hair as the plane hummed through the air.

Adjusting the blanket around Erin's shoulders, the head coach watched as his sister's eyes fluttered shut, succumbing to the rhythmic motion of the aircraft as exhaustion hit her.

With a gentle smile, he leaned back in his seat, pulling the therapist's sleepy form to rest against his chest as they soared above the clouds, and soon, the soft sound of her steady breathing filled the cabin.

And what felt like an eternity for Austin felt like a brief moment for the blonde, as a gentle nudge into her side startled her awake.

"Hey sleepyhead, we're here."

The blonde blinked sleepily, her eyes adjusting to the dim light of the cabin as she slowly sat up. Rubbing her eyes, her gaze wandered through the cabin, and to the window where the Barcelona skyline loomed closer with each passing second.

The sight filled her with a mix of excitement and nervous anticipation, yet with longing and happiness.

She'd see her girlfriend soon.

Very soon.

Sighing in contentment, the blonde turned to face Austin, her heart overflowing with gratitude as she realized they'd touch down soon, the realization of seeing Alexia in mere hours slowly sinking in.

"Thank you for taking me here, Aus," she whispered, a wave of nervousness washing over her as she spoke aloud. "I really love her, you know..."

⬇️⭐️⬇️

support me here ☕️
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/juliendrf