45.

random ramble: pajor being rumored to leave wolfsburg for barça has me excited?! she'd be such a great signing. also united beating chelsea in the semis - wooop. such great games last weekend, and such great games ahead. can't wait for champions league this week.

and here's a piece of wisdom for you:
if someone is honest with you without any judgment, listen carefully to that person. because those persons are rare.

enjoy this chapter. ☕️✍🏼

Arriving at the training ground just as the session commenced, the two time Ballon D'Or winner positioned herself at the periphery of the group, where her teammates had already gathered around Jonathan for the day's instructions.

It was regeneration day - a routine session after match day that the captain had always found less appealing compared to sessions like strength training or tactical drills.

Because regeneration day wasn't a challenge.

That meant it was... boring.

"You're late," Mapi's teasing voice called out from beside her, drawing attention to Alexia's tardiness as the captain settled among her teammates.

Acknowledging the jest with a nod, the midfielder gestured toward Jonathan, diverting Mapi's focus before securing her bleached hair up into a high ponytail.

"Why the delay?" the blonde defender inquired again, her playful tone laced with curiosity as she nudged Alexia's shoulder. "You're never late."

With a roll of her eyes, the captain secured her hair with the black Nike headband, her expression firm as she straightened up.

"I prefer to pay attention," she replied, emphasizing her intent to focus on the session. "So... do you mind?"

Mapi nodded understandingly, a knowing smirk playing on her lips as they both assumed their positions, ready to engage in the regenerative training session led by Jonathan.

With enthusiasm, the diminutive head coach detailed the exercise for his athletes, outlining a simple ball regeneration drill. And Alexia wasted no time in seizing the ball from Mapi's grasp, swiftly maneuvering onto the pitch to begin.

Truth be told, the captain was glowing today.

Despite the lack of sleep and Erin's departure tomorrow, Alexia's motivation remained unwavering.

After all, they had made it to the final once again.

"Ale, you're positively glowing today," Patri remarked as they jogged laps around the pitch together, a grin adorning her face. "What's gotten into you?"

Maintaining her focus on the ball, Alexia's smile widened as she effortlessly controlled the ball, her movements fluid. The two time Ballon D'Or winner made ball control look so easy.

"I'm not sure," she replied, nudging the ball forward before chasing after it. "I suppose I haven't felt this... happy in a very long time."

Patri nodded knowingly.

"It's obvious. You were smitten back then, and you're still smitten now, capi. You're in love."