12.

As Alexia and Erin strolled toward the bar, the faint glow of the lights bathed the deserted cobblestone path in a soft, ethereal light. The hotel grounds seemed to have succumbed to the late hour, its hustle and bustle replaced by a serene stillness.

Inside the bar, a quiet ambiance greeted them, punctuated only by the mellow strains of music drifting through the air. The few hotel guests scattered around the dimly lit space seemed lost in their own thoughts, their voices hushed as they conversed in muted tones.

"I'm glad none of my teammates is here," Alexia whispered, gracefully taking the lead as she guided the two of them toward the bar outside on the patio, the ocean laying before them.

The water was still, only little waves dancing across the pitch-black ocean, while the moon stood high above Seychelles' second biggest island.

"So am I," the blonde chuckled, giving Alexia's warm hand a gentle squeeze. "I don't think I would've survived with Martha here."

Following Alexia's lead, the blonde found herself at the same spot where she had been seated the night before - not that she remembered - the bartender, a friendly smile adorning his face, greeted them as they approached.

"A glass of water, please," Alexia requested, her voice carrying a trace of nostalgia as she recalled her drink of choice.

Turning to Erin, the bartender awaited her order. "Two glasses," Erin replied, her voice steady as she met his gaze, before adding, "And a cup of cappuccino, please."

The bartender furrows his eyebrow, glancing toward his wristwatch as he says, "It's almost midnight. Don't you think it's a bit late for-"

"Add a double espresso shot for me, please, Sir," Alexia interrupts the man, giving the blondes hip a gentle squeeze as she slides onto the other barstool.

The bartender's gaze shifts to the two-time Ballon D'Or winner as he swallows, offering a faint smile before nodding, "Of course, ma'am."

As the bartender turned and busied himself with their order, Erin couldn't help the smile that formed on her delicate lips. "You didn't have to do that, you know"

"I have no idea what you're talking about" the two time Ballon D'Or winner replies, a playful smirk on her lips as she allowed her gaze to settle on the blonde beside her.

Leaning in slightly, the captains eyes twinkled with seriousness as she gestured toward Erin's seat, her fingers brushing against the smooth surface of the wooden bar.

"You were sitting right here last night," she began, her voice carrying a hint of concern. "Martha had dragged Patri onto the dance floor, and you were left sitting here... all alone."

Erin chuckled softly, the corners of her lips curling into a fond smile as she nodded, her gaze momentarily drifting to the dance floor, back to the spot where she had been seated the previous night, until her gaze settled on the midfielders sparkling hazel eyes.

The power those eyes held.

"I had every intention of talking to you last night," Alexia confessed, her voice betraying a touch of nervousness as she tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear. "But I kept overthinking everything and ended up hesitating for too long, and by the time I worked up the nerve, that guy had already taken a seat beside you and offered to buy you a drink, but you declined. Over and over again."

Alexia's expression softened with sympathy as she reached out to squeeze the blonde's cold hand gently, her touch sending a shiver of warmth down Erin's spine.

"I saw everything, counted your drinks..." she confessed, her voice filled with genuine concern. "And I could tell he was making you uncomfortable"

The two time Ballon D'Or winner leaned in closer, her breath warm against Erin's ear, the subtle scent of her perfume sending a flutter of excitement through the blonde's chest.