28.

first of all, thank you all so so much for 1.000 followers! some of you have been following me and reading this stuff for seven books!! gosh, we've spent so much time together and i don't even know you. though I'm happy you're still here and still reading this. thank you for your support!!

enjoy! ☕️✍🏼

As Erin ascended the stairs leading into Stamford Bridge stadium, her heart fluttered with anticipation as she clutched the ticket between her cold fingers. Eyes darted down at the paper she held, then up to locate the correct sign indicating the VIP block.

But just as she scanned the area, a voice from behind caused her to look back over her shoulder.

"Thanks for the offer, but I've got this under control," the higher pitched voice chirped, prompting the blonde to burst into laughter as she fully turned, only to see her friend Martha barely managing to navigate the stairs without toppling over, clearly struggling to carry the largest sign Erin had ever seen.

"If you had brought a smaller sign, maybe you wouldn't be in such a pickle," the blonde teased, a mischievous smirk gracing her lips as she leaned against the wall, thoroughly entertained by her friend's struggle as she waited for her to catch up.

Martha, sporting this season's away jersey, topped with a Blaugrana cap snugly on her head and her black hair neatly braided into a ponytail, finally reached the top of the stairs.

She held up the sign proudly, gesturing for Erin to read it.

"Go Pats," Martha read aloud from the sign, her voice deliberate and clear, before pointing to the number 12 printed on her jersey. "And how exactly are you expressing your support to your girlfriend? She might not even recognize you beside me."

Erin chuckled, mischief dancing in her eyes as she unzipped her jacket, revealing the light purple jersey she wore beneath.

"I didn't realize we were competing," she quipped. "If we were, I would've brought more than just her jersey and leather jacket."

Once Martha had regained her composure, they ventured towards the VIP section of the stadium, effortlessly passing security control and entering a room brimming with celebrities and less recognizable faces, the ambiance pulsating with-

"Woah, look at that food selection!" Martha exclaimed, her eyes widening as she helped herself to a plate and a variety of snacks, "They even offer free drinks!"

Watching Martha - and the giant sign - disappear between a crowd of people, Erin's nerves began taking hold as she made her way to the front of the room.

Soon, she found herself standing before the giant windows overlooking the pitch. She felt a sense of awe, but a mixture of anxiety and nervousness wash over her as she gazed out at the perfectly mowed lawn of Stamford Bridge.

Her breath caught in her throat as she admired the stadium stretch out before her, the lush green pitch illuminated by the soft glow of the afternoon sun. The stands overflowed with fans, a sea of royal blue and light blue jerseys stretching as far as the eye could see. Fathers accompanied their daughters, and families gathered en masse - Stamford Bridge was sold out.

"Wow," the therapist breathed, her nerves getting the best of her as memories flooded back, recalling the days when it was just her brother and a handful of fans watching their games, the experience far from what it was now.

"Now do you see why I brought my sign?" Martha chimed in as she joined Erin at the window, her mouth still full of snacks as she marveled at the view. "Patri will have a hard time spotting me without it," she added with a mumble of "Increíble" between bites.