30.

random ramble: arsenals sock issue is the fail of the season for me; and alexia being back in the starting lineup definitely my highlight of the day. emma hayes statement about players dating each other is inappropriate has my jaw on the floor and leah at johan has me swallow. other than that, the weather is nice, my bicycle is polished and ready for summer, and my boss is finally going out of the country next week so i've my fingers crossed for a few less stressful weeks.

enjoy ☕️

The soft morning light filtered through the curtains, painting Erin's cozy apartment in a warm glow as the day began to unfold in the suburbs of Manchester.

Waking just after sunrise, as she did every day, Alexia made a conscious effort not to disturb the blonde's peaceful slumber. She moved quietly around the apartment, gathering her belongings and preparing for the day ahead, the reality of leaving slowly sinking in.

Dressed in nothing but a sports bra and a pair of light blue boyfriend jeans, her bleached hair gathered in a messy bun, the midfielder's footsteps echoed softly against the wooden floor as she moved about the room, her movements purposeful yet tinged with exhaustion from the previous days.

And the previous night

Yawning, Alexia stuffed her charger into her suitcase, double-checking the list on her phone for any last-minute items she might have missed. The morning felt serene, almost idyllic, until the unexpected sound of a key in the lock shattered the tranquility.

Straightening up, the captain's hazel eyes widened in surprise as she gathered her composure, her heart racing with uncertainty as she hastily glanced down at herself, acutely aware of her disheveled appearance.

And before Alexia had a chance to utter a word, the man walked into the attic with such confidence, his attention focused on his phone as he casually held a paper bag in hand.

The moment he heard her rustling, he looked up, his eyes mirroring her surprise.

"Um," he gasped, his surprise evident as he took in the unexpected guest standing before him. "Oh my-"

"What are you-" Alexia rambled at the same time, her tone tinged with confusion and disbelief.

The man stared at her, his brows furrowing in confusion as he pushed the door of the apartment shut behind him. "You're-"

"You're the Chelsea coach," Alexia breathed at the same time, her cheeks flushing in surprise as she realized the identity of their visitor.

In a firm tone, the man interrupted, his gaze steady as he addressed the two time Ballon D'Or winner directly. "You're Alexia Putellas."

"Um," the midfielder's pulse quickened, a rush of emotions flooding her senses as she found herself locked in the intense gaze of the Chelsea coach.

It was the same coach whose tactics had outwitted her team in yesterday's match, leaving her with a mix of frustration and apprehension at this unexpected encounter. Feeling exposed and vulnerable under the coach's scrutiny, Alexia's cheeks flushed with embarrassment as she struggled to find her voice amidst the sudden intrusion.

Her mind raced, searching for the right words to navigate this unforeseen situation.

"Um, dios mio... I..." she rambled, caught off guard by the sudden intrusion, but the captain felt a wave of relief wash over her as the bedroom door swung open, revealing Erin's slender figure.

Clad in a silk robe, and absolutely unaware of the situation, the therapist padded into the room, her movements sluggish as she tiredly rubbed her eyes and navigated into the kitchen, yawning as she poured water into the coffee machine, her eyes still foggy with sleep.

But the moment she turned to retrieve two porcelain cups from the kitchen cabinet, her eyes widened at the sight that greeted her.

"Holy-"

"Erin, what is she doing in your apartment?" the man's firm voice cut through the air, his gaze fixed on the blonde as he ran his fingers through his tousled hair, his confusion evident.

"Why's the Chelsea coach in your apartment?" Alexia's question echoed his confusion, both their bewildered gazes now fixed on Erin, who stood by the kitchen counter, her hair all disheveled, and the silk robe hiding her otherwise naked form.

Inhaling a deep breath and exhaling slowly, the therapist propped her hands up against the kitchen counter, her tired gaze snapping back and forth between the two.

"Um, babe, that's my brother, Austin. Austin, meet Alexia, my girlfriend," she explained, her voice sounding a tad overwhelmed as she attempted to clarify the situation.

The revelation hung in the air, leaving both, Alexia and Austin, stunned as they exchanged disbelieving glances.

"Hold on, you're her-"

"You're her brother!?", they addressed each other at the same time, again, looking at the other in disbelief as they processed the unexpected revelation.

The room fell into an awkward silence as the three of them processed the unexpected turn of events.

While the two time Ballon D'Or winner shifted uncomfortably from one foot to the other, deciding it might be best to get fully dressed, all the head coach could manage to do was stare at his sister with his jaw on the floor.

Erin let out a small sigh, realizing that she had some explaining to do.

"Look, guys, I know this is a lot to take in," she began, her tone slow and hesitant as she attempted to diffuse the tension. "But there's a reason I-"

"Well, I'd like to hear the reason. I thought you weren't into football all anymore?" Austin's voice, tinged with a hint of confusion, addressed Erin directly, the head coach still trying to wrap his head around the situation.

"Well, it..." the blonde stammered, circling the kitchen counter as she reached out for Alexia's arm, subtly positioning herself behind the athlete as she struggled to find the right words, "It just... happened."

"It just happened?", he doubts.

"Erin and I met during a vacation a few months back," the brunette interjected firmly, her calm voice cutting through the conversation as she redirected his focus to her. "Until now, I was unaware of her having a brother. However, it seems mentioning it now would be less awkward considering that we're... um..."

"Opponents?", he completed her sentence, furrowing an eyebrow.

"Exactly," the midfielder nodded in agreement, her arm instinctively finding its way around the blonde's slender form, pulling the therapist's body against her as she addressed the therapist, "Isn't that right, mi niña?"

Erin let out a small chuckle, "Yeah", trying to lighten the mood as she nervously scratched the back of her neck, before her eyes settled on the paper bag her brother still held.

Reaching forward, she quickly snatched the bag before hurrying into the kitchen, retrieving a third porcelain cup from cabinet. "Well, this is certainly one way to start the day," she remarked, a hint of amusement in her voice as she poured coffee into the cups. "Anyone up for bagels?"

As Alexia and Austin exchanged awkward glances, they couldn't help but chuckle at the absurdity of the situation.

⬇️⭐️⬇️

yeah, yeah, i know. most of you must've forgotten about him (just like me) but here he is.

if you enjoyed reading i'd be happy to see you pressing that little stars, since stats decided to go down a little 😔

support me here ☕️
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/juliendrf