10.

The revelation hung in the air, mingling with the subtle fragrance of the sea as the boat gently sailed under the moonlit night, and Erin grappled with the realization that her vulnerability that night might have been exploited by an unwelcome presence.

"W-What do you mean?" Erin's voice trembled with uncertainty as she leaned in, her eyes searching Alexia's sparkling hazel ones for clarity.

In search for the best possible answer, the captain sighed, her expression a mix of empathy and apprehension.

She pondered for a moment while they sat on the deck of the boat, surrounded by the gentle lapping of waves against the hull, the evening breeze carrying the scent of salt and jasmine, while the moon cast a shimmering path across the water.

Hesitantly, she reached out to gently grasp Erin's cold fingers on the table, the touch offering a semblance of reassurance amidst the uncertainty.

"Bonita, listen," she began, her voice soft yet firm. "I'm not completely certain, but I have this feeling... Let's put it aside for now and savor our dinner. We can talk about it later, when we're back at the hotel. Does that work for you?"

Erin nodded slowly, her mind racing with unanswered questions, while the soft glow of candlelight danced across her features, highlighting the slight furrow of her brow.

"Y-Yes, I guess you're... right," she murmured, her voice tinged with disappointment. "Thank you for taking me here... it's truly... wow."

Offering a faint smile, the midfielder's gaze softened as she took in the sight of Erin framed against the moonlit sky.

"Absolutely," she responded, her tone gentle. "I just want you to have a good time, Bonita. Do you think you'll still feel like taking that swim you mentioned last night?"

Erin's curiosity got the better of her as she gestured toward the serene water, the moon's reflection shimmering like liquid silver.

"What Do you mean, swim? Did I really say that?"

A knowing glint flickered in Alexia's eyes as she chuckled softly. "Let's just say... Last night, you were all in. You wouldn't have hesitated. You would have shed your clothes and dived right in."

Erin hesitated for a moment, but a playful glint sparkled in her eyes.

"Do you really think I won't do it?" she teased back, her heart pounding with a mix of nervousness and excitement as she gazed into Alexia's sparkling hazel eyes.

The power those eyes held.

"I don't know," the midfielder replied with a nonchalant shrug, a playful smirk dancing on her tender lips. "Will you?"

Without hesitation, the blonde rose from her seat, a confident smile curving her delicate lips as she made her way to the edge of the boat and, with a mixture of apprehension and determination in her eyes, she drew in a deep breath before plunging into the water with a resounding splash.

Alexia chuckled, her eyes alight with amusement.

"I should have known better than to challenge you. You didn't even take your dress off. Martha will be mad," she called out, her voice laced with warmth and playful teasing as she rose to her feet, their laughter mingling with the gentle lap of the waves.

As Erin frolicked in the water, she glanced up at the captain, who remained perched on the boat, a mischievous twinkle in her eyes. "Are you just going to stand there and enjoy the view, or will you join me?" she called out, a playful grin adorning her features.

Alexia chuckled, feigning contemplation as she toyed with the idea. "Hmm, decisions, decisions," she teased, a hint of nervousness underlying her playful demeanor.