44.

enjoy this shorter chapter - the morning after. happy sunday everyone ☕️✍🏼

Stirring awake to the jarring clang of metal hitting the floor outside the bedroom, the blonde's eyes snapped open as her mind processed the sudden noise.

Rolling onto her back, Erin squinted against the morning light filtering through the window, the white sheets clinging to her bare, slender form as she shifted, blinking away the remnants of sleep.

Her throat felt dry as tired eyes surveyed the familiar surroundings.

The captain's bedroom was bathed in a gentle glow, the fresh breeze carrying the faint hum of distant traffic, while beige and white curtains swayed gracefully in the wind, casting playful shadows across the room.

Erin's gaze soon flickered to the empty space beside her, the absence of warmth indicating that the captain had been up for some time, the meticulously folded comforter confirming the athlete's early rise.

Unintentionally, the therapist's gaze shifted to the alarm clock on the nightstand, its crimson digits drawing attention with their stark message, and immediately, the late hour registered in Erin's mind, a sense of urgency creeping over her as she processed the time.

It was so late.

"Oh, no-"

But before she could fully process the implications, another metallic clang reverberated from beyond the bedroom, jolting the blonde into action.

With a determined exhale, the therapist swung her slender legs over the side of the bed, shedding the warmth of the covers as she prepared to investigate the source of the disturbance.

The bedroom floor felt cold beneath her bare feet as she stood, and the blonde slipped into the light grey bathrobe hanging by the door, its comforting warmth enveloping her tired form like a gentle embrace.

With her hair tousled and her body weary from the events of the night before, Erin shuffled into the living room, her steps faltering slightly as she padded to where she figured the two time Ballon D'Or winner was.

And just as she turned the corner, quietly walking into the kitchen without disturbing the athlete, the blonde suddenly found herself wide awake at the sight before her.

Standing at the kitchen counter, the midfielder's body bathed in the soft morning light filtering through the window.

The dark, oversized shirt she wore hung loosely on her athletic frame, barely skimming the swell of her toned behind, teasingly hinting at the curves beneath. Every movement she made accentuated the graceful lines of her well-trained body, the fabric of the shirt draping over her hips in a way that was both casual and alluring.

But it was the delicate lace of Alexia's underwear peeking out from beneath the hem of the shirt, that evoked memories of last night, a tantalizing glimpse of what lay beneath.

Erin couldn't tear her gaze away, captivated by the sight of her girlfriend looking effortlessly sexy in the most mundane of moments.

With a soft smile playing on her lips, the blonde approached the athlete from behind, slender arms wrapping around the captain's neck, relishing in the feeling of being close to her.

Leaning in, she pressed a tender kiss to the back of Alexia's neck, her breath mingling with the scent of her skin as she peeked over her shoulder, a loving greeting on her lips.

"Bon dia," the blonde whispered, a tender smile forming on her delicate lips as she noticed what the midfielder was doing.

"Why are you up already, Bonita?" Alexia's voice was low, focused, as she deftly handled the spoon in her hand, her teeth catching her bottom lip in concentration. "You weren't supposed to see this yet."

Unable to resist the urge to tease, the therapist's cold fingertips trailed up the captain's bare thighs, lifting the hem of her oversized shirt ever so slightly as she tenderly dragged her nails along the perfectly tanned skin.

Alexia looked delectable.

"Did someone ever tell you how perfect you are?" Erin murmured, her breath warm against the midfielder's skin.

Turning in the blonde's embrace, Alexia leaned against the counter, a glass held delicately in her hands.

"Does that milk foam look perfect to you?" the two time Ballon D'Or winner asked sternly.

Chuckling, Erin accepted the glass with a grin on her lips. "Well... depends how it tastes," she teased, taking a sip through the glass straw, her eyes never leaving Alexia's.

A moment of silence settled between them, their gazes locked as the blonde swallowed the golden brown liquid.

"Hm... deliciosa," the therapist murmured, taking another sip before setting the glass down and placing her hands on the counter on either side of the captain's body, drawing closer to Alexia.

"Vainilla café," she continued quietly, guessing the ingredients, "With... ¿canela?"

At the sound of these words, a proud smile curled on the brunettes lips, warm palms roaming down the blonde's sides, before hands found their way to Erin's hips, pulling her in closer.

"Your Spanish is coming along nicely, mi niña... keep up your duolingo streak when you leave tomorrow," she observed, a hint of sadness in her tone as she mentioned Erin's upcoming trip back to England.

Back home.

Sensing the shift in Alexia's mood, the blonde reached forward to tilt her chin upward, the touch of her cold fingertips tender as she met her girlfriend's gaze.

"Love, let's not worry about that yet," she told her softly. "You've got training coming up, and after that... we've got the whole evening. And all night."

A tender smile played on Alexia's tender lips as she wrapped her arms around Erin's neck, their bodies pressed close.

"You're right," she affirmed, her breath warm against the therapist's neck, "I won't let anything or anyone stop me from going home right after training. I want to make the most of our time together before you head back tomorrow."

She couldn't help it.

She couldn't help but miss Erin already.

"That's my girl," the blonde praised softly, a playful chuckle dancing on her lips as she stepped back, the glass of delicious iced coffee cradled in her hand. "And you should go get ready. Training starts in an hour, and as far as I know... those are no proper workout clothes."

Meeting the therapist's playful gaze, Alexia glanced down at her own attire, before leaning forward and pressing a soft kiss to Erin's forehead.

And with a happy smile on her lips, she turned on her toes and sped away in order to get ready.

"Don't pretend you don't like it!" her voice called out from inside the bedroom moments later, teasing and light-hearted.

Sipping from her glass of vanilla and cinnamon flavored iced coffee, the blonde couldn't suppress the smile that crept onto her lips.

The familiar surroundings of Alexia's apartment enveloped her, and despite having only visited for the first time two days ago, this place already felt like home.

⬇️⭐️⬇️

support me here ☕️
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/juliendrf