53.

here. it. is. phew, the week's been exhausting so far. hopefully that one was worth the wait and i can't wait to find out how you think about this. grab a cup of coffee, and enjoy. ☕️✍🏼

The hum of the plane's engine provided a gentle backdrop as the Barcelona squad journeyed through the morning sky, each member settled into their first class seats in the dim light of dawn.

With only an hour's flight time separating them from the fascinating combination of antiquity and tradition that made this city - Bilbao - anticipation filled the air.

The north coast city promised a wealth of sights and experiences, from its industrial roots to its rich cultural heritage.

Not that anyone in this aircraft would have the time to experience this city's modern urbanism, because amidst the excitement, the looming presence of tomorrow's match against Olympique Lyon cast a shadow over the cabin.

It was quiet. Very quiet.

The tension was palpable, each player mentally preparing for the challenge ahead.

The quiet of the plane cabin was punctuated by a sudden exclamation, barely muffled by the over-ear headphones of a certain two-time Ballon D'Or winner.

Startled, the brunette glanced up from her laptop screen, adjusting the earbud to catch the sound.

"You do realize it's just an app, Bonita. Right?" the midfielder teased, leaning across the little gap between their first class seats to brush a stray strand of golden blonde hair from Erin's face.

"You're playing against yourself. And you've been at it for half an hour. We'll be landing soon."

But the therapist remained focused, her thumbs tapping furiously on the screen of her phone as she matched vocabulary in Spanish and English, her tongue peeking out between her teeth, a telltale sign of her intense concentration.

"Bonita," Alexia tried again, her voice soft. "Why don't you-"

"Shh, running out of time," Erin murmured, her eyes fixed on the clock ticking down in the upper right corner of her screen, the red digits signaling her impending deadline.

Watching with amusement, the captain couldn't help but smile as the blonde completed the level just in the nick of time, a sigh of relief escaping Erin's lips.

"Phew," the therapist breathed, tucking her phone away and sinking back into her seat.

Meeting Erin's gaze, the midfielder's hazel eyes sparkled with affection, the soft smile on her tender, rose-colored, so kissable looking lips warm and genuine. "You're eager to practice... soon you'll speak better Spanish than I do," she whispered, setting her headphones aside.

Rolling her eyes playfully, the blonde scoffed, "As if," before leaning into Alexia's shoulder, the warmth of her presence comforting.

"Spanish won't help me when we visit the Seychelles, but- oh, take me there. Right now," she declared with a longing sigh as she spotted the booking confirmation Alexia was currently over-checking, the captain making sure she'd booked everything correctly.

"I know, Bonita," Alexia mumbled, tender lips gently grazing against Erin's forehead as she enveloped the blonde in her arms, pulling her close. "I can't wait either... though there's a trophy in tow first."

Melting against the captain's strong frame, the blonde felt herself relax immediately as Alexia's arm tightened around her, warm fingers tangling in the strands of golden blonde hair at the nape of her neck.

It felt good. So good.

Everything with Alexia felt good.

The power that woman held.