26.

she's back. so happy for her! enjoy chapter 26 of blackout ☕️✍🏼

In front of the door stood a woman, holding the most beautiful bouquet of flowers in one hand and a basket with groceries in the other.

She was a vision of casual elegance, clad in white, perfectly clean Nike sneakers and a pair of boyfriend jeans, complemented by a black baggy shirt with a basketball print while tousled, bleached hair framed her flawless visage, accentuating a soft, yet nervous smile.

The blonde's jaw had dropped to the floor, her heart racing as she clung to the door handle for support, disbelief coursing through her as she found the most sparkling hazel eyes gazing back at her.

The power those eyes held.

The sight before her was almost surreal.

"Hola Bonita," came the soft, melodious words that instantly melted away any doubts and, without hesitation, the therapist surged forward, slender arms enveloping the woman's neck in a tight embrace.

"What are you doing here?" the blonde mumbled, her voice trembling with a mixture of shock and joy as she buried her face in the crook of Alexia's neck, tears of disbelief and overwhelming emotion welling up in her eyes as she felt the captain's strong arms enveloped her.

The warmth, the tenderness of the embrace felt comforting and reassuring as she nuzzled Erin gently, and the blonde's mind was racing with a whirlwind of emotions as she felt the athlete hold her tight.

This felt surreal.

After a moment, the two time Ballon D'Or winner pulled back slightly, her hazel eyes sparkling with warmth and affection as she gently brushed away the tears that trickled down the blonde's cheeks.

"I wanted to surprise you, mi niña," she whispered, a tender smile playing on her lips.

Erin mingled with the waves of relief washing over her as she realized that it really was Alexia standing here in her doorway.

This really felt surreal.

Her delicate lips curved into a shaky smile as she gazed into the captain's sparkling hazel eyes, her voice barely above a whisper as she pulled the midfielder inside.

"You surprised me, alright."

Chuckling softly, the captains strong arms were still wrapped around Erin's trembling form. "I couldn't go another day without seeing you," she murmured, pressing a soft kiss to the therapist's forehead.

Melting into the touch, the blonde's heart overflowed with love for the woman standing before her. "I missed you too," she confessed, her voice choked with emotion.

Pulling back after a couple of seconds, the two time Ballon D'Or winner reached for her travel suitcase from outside the door, the wheels clicking softly against the floor as she maneuvers it into the apartment, before Erin pushes the door shut behind them, sealing off the outside world and cocooning them in the quiet intimacy of her suburban Manchester home.

The captain allowed herself a moment to look around the cozy furnished attic, with Erin's favorite TV show paused on the screen, moonlight filtering through the windows, and the lamp next to the television casting a warm, gentle light over the room. The remote control rested on the cozy blanket the blonde had been wrapped in mere moments ago, a silent reminder of the tranquility that had filled the room moments before Alexia's unexpected arrival.

"Oh, um... these are for you. The selection at the store down the street was quite limited at this hour, so I didn't have much to choose from... I hope you don't mind." Alexia mumbled, her voice soft and tinged with a shy smile as she held out the bouquet of flowers in her left hand.